Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,970 Members 48,827 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Struggling to go back to 8.0 with Recovery Software

Tip us?

leoni1980
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 53
Default Struggling to go back to 8.0 with Recovery Software

I'd like to go back to 8.0. I have O2 branded firmware, updated to 8.1 by the dev app means and that all went fine. However subsequently I've tried to use the Nokia Software Recovery programme to roll back to 8.0 and I just get an 'InternalError' message as soon as it starts to try and download the 8.0 firmware. I've also tried recovering by flashing the firmware for O2 via the software flashing guide on XDA but again it fails to download. I've made sure that Windows Firewall is off so it's not blocking the app.

Is there an issue with Nokia's servers or am I just doing something wrong?

My understanding - before I even updated to 8.1 - was that (unofficially) you could roll back quite easily as long as you have a PC and a bit of time available.

kleanth1s
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoni1980 View Post
I'd like to go back to 8.0. I have O2 branded firmware, updated to 8.1 by the dev app means and that all went fine. However subsequently I've tried to use the Nokia Software Recovery programme to roll back to 8.0 and I just get an 'InternalError' message as soon as it starts to try and download the 8.0 firmware. I've also tried recovering by flashing the firmware for O2 via the software flashing guide on XDA but again it fails to download. I've made sure that Windows Firewall is off so it's not blocking the app.

Is there an issue with Nokia's servers or am I just doing something wrong?

My understanding - before I even updated to 8.1 - was that (unofficially) you could roll back quite easily as long as you have a PC and a bit of time available.
Hi. I installed on my windows 8 pc the nokia software recovery tool, plugged my phone and went back to 8 on my lumia 1020. No problems at all. Any chance your internet connection is bad?

anaheiim
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 817

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoni1980 View Post
via the software flashing guide on XDA but again it fails to download
You are talking about that one? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2515453

motoi_bogdan
Old
Thanks Meter 337

DONATE TO ME
is it possible to debrand a rm 877 lumia at&t 1020? i remember triying for some time to do this in the past but gave up after trying a couple of rom's. All failed verification or something like this, the program didn't allow them to be flashed.
i also used the guide in the link.
Current devices:
Xperia Z Ultra
Surface Pro 2

Doing Phone/Laptop hardware modding for some years. Seen a lot of broken things in my life.

anaheiim
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 817

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoi_bogdan View Post
is it possible to debrand a rm 877 lumia at&t 1020? i remember triying for some time to do this in the past but gave up after trying a couple of rom's. All failed verification or something like this, the program didn't allow them to be flashed.
i also used the guide in the link.
No.

kleanth1s
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by anaheiim View Post
Yes. But still call quality is bad. I have updated my 1020 to 8.1 again because the call quality was again bad for some calls.
The probable solution is a volume booster, or a jailbreak. Something we will not see in wp.