FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] there is a way to change at&t 1020 RM-877 to RM-875 ?

16 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By pancho_vx, Junior Member on 11th March 2014, 01:03 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi, i wanna know if it's possible to change the RM of a device, in order to put another firmware on the at&t Lumia 1020.
I know that a at&t 1020 can't flash any other rom than at&t's rom, but i need to ask if a RM change can solve that.

Thank you for your time!
Last edited by pancho_vx; 11th March 2014 at 01:09 PM. Reason: wrong title

14th March 2014, 09:54 PM |#2  
Flag East Hampton, Connecticut, USA
Thanks Meter: 5

More
As far as I know there is no way to flash AT&T's Nokia Lumia 1020 (RM-877) with the International version of the Nokia Lumia 1020 (RM-875). I'm always hopeful that someone will find a way to flash a not AT&T ROM, but that hasn't happened yet.
5th August 2014, 08:21 PM |#3  

More
Any updates?
Does anybody know of any progress on this?

I am very saddened that I am still not getting any where close to full functionality having moved from the states to denmark (europe) :/
5th August 2014, 09:11 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
"full functionality" ? Anyway, I haven't seen any progress yet.
5th August 2014, 11:47 PM |#5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Marseille, France
Thanks Meter: 1,539

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duus92

Does anybody know of any progress on this?

I am very saddened that I am still not getting any where close to full functionality having moved from the states to denmark (europe) :/

Try with this, maybe works for you...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...4#post53505164
of tutorial http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2515453

Take only "Nokia.Packages.VariantPackage.DataPackage20.d ll".
6th August 2014, 01:31 PM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pesky person

"full functionality" ? Anyway, I haven't seen any progress yet.

Just to clarify a bit By not having full functionality I meant I can only use one provider in Denmark (the one witch also happens to have the worst coverage but it is the only one using the same bandwidth as in the US), I can't use LTE / 4g and I cant use it outside of Denmark (in germany for example).

Quote:
Originally Posted by anaheiim

Try with this, maybe works for you...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...4#post53505164
of tutorial http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2515453

Take only "Nokia.Packages.VariantPackage.DataPackage20.d ll".

It unfortunately did not work. I keep getting the error message:
"0xFA001304: Platform ID check fails. Reason(s): The FFU file is not meant for this product. The platform ID of image does not match with platform ID of the device.

Exception:
Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.RecoveryDia log.MurzimProgrammingException: 0xFA001304: Platform ID check fails. Reason(s): The FFU file is not meant for this product. The platform ID of image does not match with platform ID of the device.

at Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.RecoveryDia log.RecoveryDialogModel.Flash()
at Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.RecoveryDia log.RecoveryDialogModel.<HandleDownloadVariantPack ageCompleted>b__b(Object state)"
- but thank you for the respons!

Does anyone know of a way to change the baseband /firmwaren without flashing? Or in any other way change the driver and thereby change witch band withes the phone can find?
6th August 2014, 01:40 PM |#7  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Marseille, France
Thanks Meter: 1,539

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duus92

It unfortunately did not work. I keep getting the error message:
"0xFA001304: Platform ID check fails. Reason(s): The FFU file is not meant for this product. The platform ID of image does not match with platform ID of the device.

Exception:
Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.RecoveryDia log.MurzimProgrammingException: 0xFA001304: Platform ID check fails. Reason(s): The FFU file is not meant for this product. The platform ID of image does not match with platform ID of the device.

at Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.RecoveryDia log.RecoveryDialogModel.Flash()
at Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.RecoveryDia log.RecoveryDialogModel.<HandleDownloadVariantPack ageCompleted>b__b(Object state)"
- but thank you for the respons!

Does anyone know of a way to change the baseband /firmwaren without flashing? Or in any other way change the driver and thereby change witch band withes the phone can find?

So, you can't.
20th January 2016, 03:10 AM |#8  

More
Anything new?
Does anyone know whether there has been any development on this?
20th January 2016, 05:22 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
In sorry to tell you guys that flashing a rm 875 with a 877 firmware (or other way) won't make any difference because 4g lte bands it's configured at hardware level not software, by the way I already flash a 875 with 877 firmware and as I told you it didn't make any difference 😞
The Following User Says Thank You to eck3ko For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift eck3ko Ad-Free
24th January 2016, 11:41 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Just in case you missed this.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/wind...-1020-t3218759
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
at&t lumia 1020, flash, lumia, lumia 1020, rm change

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)