Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Closed

Thumbs down whatsapp

OP giovanni_97

20th May 2014, 06:27 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Caserta
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
More
Hey guys,

i am looking for a current version of the windows phone version of WhatsApp.

I could not find anything via Google or on XDA, so I would appreciate if someone could pull the whatsapp cab or xap file from his windows phone and make it available here.

Thanks in advance!

PS: I have a Lumia 920, "unlocked".
Last edited by giovanni_97; 20th May 2014 at 07:08 PM.
20th May 2014, 09:14 PM   |  #2  
Member
Flag Bolzano
Thanks Meter: 11
 
61 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by giovanni_97

Hey guys,

i am looking for a current version of the windows phone version of WhatsApp.

I could not find anything via Google or on XDA, so I would appreciate if someone could pull the whatsapp cab or xap file from his windows phone and make it available here.

Thanks in advance!

PS: I have a Lumia 920, "unlocked".

Why do you need the WhatsApp xap file? Getting the files form the SD-card of an installed Version does not make sense as the files are now encrypted (MS is not stupid). I do not know if also apps stored in the internal storage of the phone are encrypted.
Maybe someone with interop / full unlock *could* help you.

What do you mean by "unlocked"?
The Following User Says Thank You to gipfelgoas For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th May 2014, 09:35 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Caserta
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gipfelgoas

Why do you need the WhatsApp xap file? Getting the files form the SD-card of an installed Version does not make sense as the files are now encrypted (MS is not stupid). I do not know if also apps stored in the internal storage of the phone are encrypted.
Maybe someone with interop / full unlock *could* help you.

What do you mean by "unlocked"?

I don't have a sd-card!
Interop unlocked
Last edited by giovanni_97; 20th May 2014 at 09:39 PM.
21st May 2014, 06:39 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Flag Caserta
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
More
up
22nd May 2014, 12:02 PM   |  #5  
fish droid's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag DUBAI
Thanks Meter: 13
 
122 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by giovanni_97

Hey guys,

i am looking for a current version of the windows phone version of WhatsApp.

I could not find anything via Google or on XDA, so I would appreciate if someone could pull the whatsapp cab or xap file from his windows phone and make it available here.

Thanks in advance!

PS: I have a Lumia 920, "unlocked".

Microsoft pulled the what's app from the store maybe 3 days ago .. I think due to security bug or something like that and it will be available from next week . Let's wait and see

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
22nd May 2014, 01:09 PM   |  #6  
ceesheim's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag No Android Fanboys Please !!!
Thanks Meter: 2,199
 
3,391 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2009
Donate to Me
More
uploaded the xap but i can't tell if it worked.

the files WMAppPRHeader.xml AND MDILFileList.xml are removed so it normally should work.
if it doesn't work then you Could try to unpack the xap and repack it with your own fav app.

WhatsApp.xap


will only work on interop/capability unlocked phones (so for now only on Samsung Ativ S)
it's using restricted CAPS.
Attached Files
File Type: xap Whatsapp.xap - [Click for QR Code] (7.59 MB, 303 views)
Last edited by ceesheim; 22nd May 2014 at 03:11 PM.
22nd May 2014, 02:13 PM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Not work
22nd May 2014, 02:21 PM   |  #8  
ceesheim's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag No Android Fanboys Please !!!
Thanks Meter: 2,199
 
3,391 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2009
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroaqua

Not work

you could try to repack the xap again but then without compression (on wp7 it only worked without compression) because this xap is compressed.

ok problem found , will only work on interop/capability unlocked phones (so for now only on Samsung Ativ S)
it's using restricted CAPS.
Last edited by ceesheim; 22nd May 2014 at 03:11 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ceesheim For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd May 2014, 03:12 PM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member
Flag Caserta
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceesheim

uploaded the xap but i can't tell if it worked.

the files WMAppPRHeader.xml AND MDILFileList.xml are removed so it normally should work.
if it doesn't work then you Could try to unpack the xap and repack it with your own fav app.

WhatsApp.xap


will only work on interop/capability unlocked phones (so for now only on Samsung Ativ S)
it's using restricted CAPS.

Error- 0x81030120
22nd May 2014, 03:14 PM   |  #10  
ceesheim's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag No Android Fanboys Please !!!
Thanks Meter: 2,199
 
3,391 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2009
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by giovanni_97

Error- 0x81030120

will only work on interop/capability unlocked phones (so for now only on Samsung Ativ S)
it's using restricted CAPS

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes