on demand lockscreen?

7th May 2012, 01:37 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Southern CALI
Thanks Meter: 146

1,080 posts
More
searched but couldn't find it so hopefully someone can help.....

i always have my phone right next to me but have my phone set up with a pattern unlock security for those moments that i leave it somewhere in a hurry and not worry about someone being able to get into my stuff but since 95% its right next to me i hate having to do the pattern unlock even though i can do the pattern fast i prefer not have too... so is there an app or shortcut so i can have my phone without a lock but for those quick moments that i need it locked i can activate it with just pressing that app instead of having to go into settings and manually setting it up again then remove it?
The Following User Says Thank You to Ma$etas For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th May 2012, 01:48 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 175

497 posts
More
Not sure if there is an app specifically for that. Best I can think of is you might be able to set a condition using a app like tasker or impel. Basically, "if I press this button then enable this" I'm not sure how well or if this would even work but its worth a look I suppose.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA
The Following User Says Thank You to MrDowntown12 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th May 2012, 02:25 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 38

154 posts
I have been using no lock from the market.. It works great to flip your lock screen on or off. Works great on GB.. Flaky on ICS

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...android.nolock

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pcmanager For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th May 2012, 02:38 AM   |  #4  
Forum Moderator / AndroidFileHost Rep
Thanks Meter: 11,554

3,265 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma$etas

searched but couldn't find it so hopefully someone can help.....

i always have my phone right next to me but have my phone set up with a pattern unlock security for those moments that i leave it somewhere in a hurry and not worry about someone being able to get into my stuff but since 95% its right next to me i hate having to do the pattern unlock even though i can do the pattern fast i prefer not have too... so is there an app or shortcut so i can have my phone without a lock but for those quick moments that i need it locked i can activate it with just pressing that app instead of having to go into settings and manually setting it up again then remove it?

I don't know of any particular app that does that but I just set my security settings to automatically lock with a delay. I generally leave it at about one or two minutes.
The Following User Says Thank You to rwilco12 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th May 2012, 10:02 AM   |  #5  
Flag NE Pennsylvania Boonies
Thanks Meter: 400

1,135 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcmanager

I have been using no lock from the market.. It works great to flip your lock screen on or off. Works great on GB.. Flaky on ICS

I am using NO LOCK right now on ICS and yea it's not perfect but I can keep the PIN CODE lockscreen and then use the app to disable it when I want.
8th May 2012, 01:55 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Southern CALI
Thanks Meter: 146

1,080 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDowntown12

Not sure if there is an app specifically for that. Best I can think of is you might be able to set a condition using a app like tasker or impel. Basically, "if I press this button then enable this" I'm not sure how well or if this would even work but its worth a look I suppose.

Tried figuring that out but couldnt find a solution. thanks either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcmanager

Tried this and so far working great just what i was looking for. Hopefully someone can figure out a way for the phone to do it without having to install a third party app, but for now NO LOCK is working great. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwilco12

I don't know of any particular app that does that but I just set my security settings to automatically lock with a delay. I generally leave it at about one or two minutes.

I did this but ill use it for a quick minute or less then it will shut off then at the time i turn the screen back on its locked and i have to unlock it and what i wanted was when suddenly i have to put my phone down and i want it to be locked with a push of a button without having to go into settings and setting it up . thanks either way as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ma$etas For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th May 2012, 06:29 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 1

44 posts
Tasker will do anything you can possibly think of. Including this.

The Following User Says Thank You to mrfunnyguyky For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th May 2012, 06:48 AM   |  #8  
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 3,487

3,008 posts
Donate to Me
More
I use delayed lock and it's perfect for me.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to sniper For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st June 2014, 11:34 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
No Lock No Work But...
No Lock didn't work but a different app from the store call No Lock Screen works like a charm (for the exact problem you described).

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread