Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,145 Members 45,669 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

on demand lockscreen?

Tip us?

Ma$etas
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 146
Default on demand lockscreen?

searched but couldn't find it so hopefully someone can help.....

i always have my phone right next to me but have my phone set up with a pattern unlock security for those moments that i leave it somewhere in a hurry and not worry about someone being able to get into my stuff but since 95% its right next to me i hate having to do the pattern unlock even though i can do the pattern fast i prefer not have too... so is there an app or shortcut so i can have my phone without a lock but for those quick moments that i need it locked i can activate it with just pressing that app instead of having to go into settings and manually setting it up again then remove it?
If I helped you then thank me by hitting that thanks button.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ma$etas For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MrDowntown12
Old
Thanks Meter 175
Not sure if there is an app specifically for that. Best I can think of is you might be able to set a condition using a app like tasker or impel. Basically, "if I press this button then enable this" I'm not sure how well or if this would even work but its worth a look I suppose.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA
Sprint HTC One
The Following User Says Thank You to MrDowntown12 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pcmanager
Old
Thanks Meter 38
I have been using no lock from the market.. It works great to flip your lock screen on or off. Works great on GB.. Flaky on ICS

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...android.nolock

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pcmanager For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rwilco12
Old
Forum Moderator / AndroidFileHost Rep
Thanks Meter 11,468

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma$etas View Post
searched but couldn't find it so hopefully someone can help.....

i always have my phone right next to me but have my phone set up with a pattern unlock security for those moments that i leave it somewhere in a hurry and not worry about someone being able to get into my stuff but since 95% its right next to me i hate having to do the pattern unlock even though i can do the pattern fast i prefer not have too... so is there an app or shortcut so i can have my phone without a lock but for those quick moments that i need it locked i can activate it with just pressing that app instead of having to go into settings and manually setting it up again then remove it?
I don't know of any particular app that does that but I just set my security settings to automatically lock with a delay. I generally leave it at about one or two minutes.

Need an HD wallpaper to match your ROM? Check out Rwilco12's Wallpaper Gallery!
XDA Free Version | Pro Version

The Following User Says Thank You to rwilco12 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

CyberpodS2
Old
Thanks Meter 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcmanager View Post
I have been using no lock from the market.. It works great to flip your lock screen on or off. Works great on GB.. Flaky on ICS

I am using NO LOCK right now on ICS and yea it's not perfect but I can keep the PIN CODE lockscreen and then use the app to disable it when I want.

Ma$etas
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDowntown12 View Post
Not sure if there is an app specifically for that. Best I can think of is you might be able to set a condition using a app like tasker or impel. Basically, "if I press this button then enable this" I'm not sure how well or if this would even work but its worth a look I suppose.

Tried figuring that out but couldnt find a solution. thanks either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcmanager View Post

Tried this and so far working great just what i was looking for. Hopefully someone can figure out a way for the phone to do it without having to install a third party app, but for now NO LOCK is working great. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwilco12 View Post
I don't know of any particular app that does that but I just set my security settings to automatically lock with a delay. I generally leave it at about one or two minutes.
I did this but ill use it for a quick minute or less then it will shut off then at the time i turn the screen back on its locked and i have to unlock it and what i wanted was when suddenly i have to put my phone down and i want it to be locked with a push of a button without having to go into settings and setting it up . thanks either way as well.
If I helped you then thank me by hitting that thanks button.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ma$etas For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mrfunnyguyky
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Tasker will do anything you can possibly think of. Including this.

The Following User Says Thank You to mrfunnyguyky For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sniper
Old
Thanks Meter 3,487

DONATE TO ME
I use delayed lock and it's perfect for me.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
Want to buy me a drink? Donate
The Following User Says Thank You to sniper For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BTechresearch
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default No Lock No Work But...

No Lock didn't work but a different app from the store call No Lock Screen works like a charm (for the exact problem you described).