Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,636 Members 52,781 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Need stock recovery.img for Moto G

Tip us?

pngwolffman
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Need stock recovery.img for Moto G

I can't find the stock recovery.img for the moto g anywhere online. I'm giving my Boost Mobile Moto G (running Verizon 4.4.2 on PagePlus) to a friend and I want to flash the stock recovery.img back on it so he can update/factory reset it normally. He's not a nerd like me and could screw up his phone otherwise.

Also I'm not sure if I need a specific recovery.img since I'm running Verizon firmware on a Boost Moto G. I'm guessing I'd need the Verizon one.

andogeek10
Old
Thanks Meter 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by pngwolffman View Post
I can't find the stock recovery.img for the moto g anywhere online. I'm giving my Boost Mobile Moto G (running Verizon 4.4.2 on PagePlus) to a friend and I want to flash the stock recovery.img back on it so he can update/factory reset it normally. He's not a nerd like me and could screw up his phone otherwise.

Also I'm not sure if I need a specific recovery.img since I'm running Verizon firmware on a Boost Moto G. I'm guessing I'd need the Verizon one.
Just download the stock firmware and flash the stock recovery image from it.

Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk

chairsz
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Or download the img file with the moto tool that's floating around the faq

Sent from my Moto G using XDA Free mobile app
Current phone:
Motorola Moto G aka The Pimpmeister! 8 gb Single sim version x1032 with a 16GB micro usb flash-drive main squeeze
Rogers Kanada
Rooted with Xperience custom rom, and philz touch CWM...
Current tabby:
DELL VENUE 8 3830..4.3..stock everything and smooooth.

previous devices
samsung galaxy s2 LTE i727R.. Finally bit the dust..
Samsung galaxy gio
LG Optimus one
LG optimus L5
HTC wildfire S.
Asus MeMo pad HD 8 and Memopad HD 7
HP Slate 7 Plus 4200ca

Brutal_Master
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pngwolffman View Post

Did you find recovery.img yet? If so where? I also am looking for the stock recovery but my phone is the x1034 model. :-/