Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,353 Members 40,315 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] data partition almost full on new rom

Tip us?

Fitz1883
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] data partition almost full on new rom

I am wondering if anyone can help. I installed a new rom and the data partition is showing 9.31GB /9.59GB used. I haven't loaded any additional apps since I started with this rom though, so I don't know what is using the data. Because of this, I can't install new apps.

When I loaded the rom, it shows 9GB free, but then after restarting for the first time, it uses up all 9GB. I've tried wiping and formatting the data in twrp, but it still has the issue.

I'm currently using PAC rom but I also had the same issue with Omni, Slimkat, and liquid smooth.

Any ideas?!!

decaturbob
Old
Thanks Meter 813
You really don't need to start a second thread...

sent by baja kitkat S4
so long Verizon and my awesome S4 , hello TMO G3

Fitz1883
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by decaturbob View Post
You really don't need to start a second thread...

sent by baja kitkat S4
Thanks for your help

Mistertac
Old
Thanks Meter 1,544

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitz1883 View Post
I am wondering if anyone can help. I installed a new rom and the data partition is showing 9.31GB /9.59GB used. I haven't loaded any additional apps since I started with this rom though, so I don't know what is using the data. Because of this, I can't install new apps.

When I loaded the rom, it shows 9GB free, but then after restarting for the first time, it uses up all 9GB. I've tried wiping and formatting the data in twrp, but it still has the issue.

I'm currently using PAC rom but I also had the same issue with Omni, Slimkat, and liquid smooth.

Any ideas?!!

I'd say it's time to just wipe the phone using Odin and start over since you've had that issue across a few ROMs

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk