FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] kindle fire hd 7" 2013 please help asap :)

5 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By dazaii, Junior Member on 2nd June 2014, 08:08 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
hi guys,

i have just received my new kindle fire hd 7" 2013 running 11.3.1.0 i have not connected it to the internet to stop auto updates.

i have ran the root script and believe it has worked but not 100% sure. i am trying to install es file explorer and supersu but cant find any way to do so without connection and downloading from the store. i dont want to conect my kindle just incase it auto updates and un does my root(if it has worked), what i want to do is check for root, if its worked, use es file explorer to stop the auto updates happening. i have the APK files for both ES and SU.

my question is how do i install them?

any help would be greatly appreciated

kind regards

D

3rd June 2014, 07:23 PM |#2  
Make sure adb is enabled on kindle

Plug Kindle into computer

adb install /path/to/app.apk

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
3rd June 2014, 08:57 PM |#3  
Flag Midwest
Thanks Meter: 437

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazaii

hi guys,

i have just received my new kindle fire hd 7" 2013 running 11.3.1.0 i have not connected it to the internet to stop auto updates.

i have ran the root script and believe it has worked but not 100% sure. i am trying to install es file explorer and supersu but cant find any way to do so without connection and downloading from the store. i dont want to conect my kindle just incase it auto updates and un does my root(if it has worked), what i want to do is check for root, if its worked, use es file explorer to stop the auto updates happening. i have the APK files for both ES and SU.

my question is how do i install them?

any help would be greatly appreciated

kind regards

D

There is no stock file Explorer on Kindle. You have to downloaded it from Amazon first. I believe there is a root option for the most recent option as well.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running CM 11 4.4.2 with ElementalX Kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)