Question [Q] Boostpulse error running CM11 on KFHD 7" (TATE)

OP Miskreant

2nd June 2014, 07:28 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

5 posts
More
Hello All,

Well, today I finally managed to unbrick mt KFHD after about a month or so of using it as a paperweight...Over the course of the last month I made four attempts at making the factory cable myself. Having absolutely zero prior experience and armed with the cheapest piece of crap soldering iron money can buy, my first 3 attempts ended in useless melted messes. Luckily this morning I decided to make one last attempt and I was finally able to pull it off.
Anyways, once I was finally able to get into fastboot mode, I went ahead and just flashed the stock rom and was thrilled to watch my kindle successfully boot up for the first time in over a month. Having finally managed to unbrick my device, I proceeded to do my victory dance around the house. Unfortunately as soon as I sat back down I realized that I had celebrated a little bit too soon. No matter what I tried, I could not get the wifi to turn on. There wasn't even a MAC address listed.
After much searching and many attempts to fix the problem, I cam accross a forum post from someone saying that they had the same issue, and they were only able to fix it after flashing a custom rom...something to do with the mmc0 block or something I dont quite remember. Since without wifi the KFHD is pretty much useless, I figured I had might as well give it a shot. It was a bit of a process, but I was able to flash TWRP and CM11, and now my wifi and basically everything else is working again.

My apologies for the somewhat long back story, but I didn't want to leave out potentially relevant information. The issue I am facing now is this: when logcat is open, anytime I touch the screen I am getting about 40 instances of this error --

06-01 22:40:25.830 E/TI OMAP PowerHAL(535): Error writing to /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/boostpulse: No such device

This happens regardless of whether or not I actually have the governor set to interactive. I've done quite a bit of searching to no avail...

Here is some of my system information:

Kernel: 3.0.72+ build01@cyanogenmod #1

CM Version: 11-20140601-NIGHTLY-tate

Android: 4.2.2

I used No-Frills CPU App to see if changing the governor had any effect, and this information came from the About CPU function of that app..

- file: /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/boost:

- file: /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/boostpulse:
sh: <stdin>[1]: cat: /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/boostpulse: Permission denied

- file: /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/boostpulse_duration:

Once again, sorry for the long post..anyone who has taken the time to read it, I thank you very much. If anyone has any ideas/suggestions, or even if you could just help me by telling me a little more about what the problem is, it would be very very much appreciated. I haven't had much luck searching :/
2nd June 2014, 03:08 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New Braunfels, TX
Thanks Meter: 609

2,218 posts
Donate to Me
More
I wouldn't worry about it, I see this on Maromi's kernel when I mess with the frequency, I think it is a kernel device that doesn't show up, the file that calls for that sys path probably just needs taking out of the kernel.

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to stunts513 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread