Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,490 Members 50,657 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] LCD and touchscreen not working now after disassembly - Connector broken?

Tip us?

dilfred
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] LCD and touchscreen not working now after disassembly - Connector broken?

I took my TF700 apart last night as the digitizer was not working following a drop and assumed that a cable had come loose.
Anyway, made a mistake while doing it.
I could not disconnect the cables between the LCD and digitizer and the connectors.
I since realise that there is a small white bar that you flip up. I presume I have "broken" the connectors or something as the tablet works fine when plugged into HDMI, but I cannot use the digitizer and the screen does not come on.

Any suggestions? Most that I have found have suggested "throw away and buy again as spares too much", but wondered if anyone had a bright idea.

I have found why the digitizer was not working, there is corrosion over the SD card and around the top connector to the digitizer nearest the SD card slot. It looks like mositure/drip got into the slot and may have shorted something? I have cleaned off the surface debris as much as can.
Anyway this would not impact the LCD which still displayed (until connector concern.)

Following that, is anyone getting rid of their TF700 and would be interested in selling it at a sensible price?

Thanks

flhthemi
Old
Thanks Meter 22
If you didn't pull that white bar off or break it, it could possibly be that you have not properly inserted the ribbon cable and fastened the connector. I would open it again and check this before I did anything else.

Most of them work like this:

Open it by pulling at each end of the white bar until it moves foward a little, then gently lift it to about 45 degeres and the cable slides out with a slight tug. Putting the cable back in is the reverse. That bar has to be loose and at about 45 degrees to get the cable back inside the connector. Make sure the end of the cable is in straight and close the connector. Cable should be tight and not come out if you gently tug it.
Ain't I lucky?
MY TF700 won't unlock!
Thanks Asus, for nothing!

berndblb
Old
Thanks Meter 828
The OP here may be willing to sell a likely brick:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2769818
The Following User Says Thank You to berndblb For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dilfred
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by flhthemi View Post
If you didn't pull that white bar off or break it, it could possibly be that you have not properly inserted the ribbon cable and fastened the connector. I would open it again and check this before I did anything else.

Most of them work like this:

Open it by pulling at each end of the white bar until it moves foward a little, then gently lift it to about 45 degeres and the cable slides out with a slight tug. Putting the cable back in is the reverse. That bar has to be loose and at about 45 degrees to get the cable back inside the connector. Make sure the end of the cable is in straight and close the connector. Cable should be tight and not come out if you gently tug it.
Thank you for the suggestions, I have tried that, but none of the 3 connectors (2 for digitizer, 1 for LCD) respond. I connected it to the HDMI, but cannot see the screen respondin to my finger (maybe that is broken also ha ha)

Is it more likely the connector, or cable is broken? I suspect connector pins to be honest. Abit small for me to see though.