How to Disable Data Encryption on Nexus 6

In late September, Google decided to step on NSA’s toes and turn on encryption by default in … more

DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Review – XDA TV

The holidays will be here in no time, so why not start thinking about gifts now? Youll be ahead … more

Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Shortcut for multi window

OP rebdogg

3rd June 2014, 07:34 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag boston
Thanks Meter: 3

39 posts
More
Is there a way to make a shortcut or even make an app (like using App Factory in Tasker) to quickly open up two multi window apps without needing to use the side bar?

I've installed Car Home for when I have my phone docked in my car and want to use one of the buttons on the home screen to run Google Music and Maps. This way when I'm driving and listening to music and want to navigate somwhere I can just hit the home button to go into Car Home's main screen then hit the shortcut button (which is a nice large easy to see button while driving) to run multi window. Anyone have an idea on how to do that? I've tried digging around but can't find a way. I'm also rooted and running xposed/wanam if that makes a difference or if there's a module which allows this that someone knows about that I don't.

Thanks.
3rd June 2014, 09:10 PM   |  #2  
Flag Colton, NY
Thanks Meter: 983

3,231 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebdogg

Is there a way to make a shortcut or even make an app (like using App Factory in Tasker) to quickly open up two multi window apps without needing to use the side bar?

I've installed Car Home for when I have my phone docked in my car and want to use one of the buttons on the home screen to run Google Music and Maps. This way when I'm driving and listening to music and want to navigate somwhere I can just hit the home button to go into Car Home's main screen then hit the shortcut button (which is a nice large easy to see button while driving) to run multi window. Anyone have an idea on how to do that? I've tried digging around but can't find a way. I'm also rooted and running xposed/wanam if that makes a difference or if there's a module which allows this that someone knows about that I don't.

Thanks.

I have not seen any way to open up 2 windows without using the sidebar.
4th June 2014, 04:34 AM   |  #3  
Flag Ridgewood, NJ
Thanks Meter: 38

649 posts
Donate to Me
More
How about putting an NFC tag on something like a piece of cardboard you keep in your car. When you want the multi - windows to appear, just move the cardboard near the phone. Thoughts?

Sent from my Galaxy Note III; Previous owner/hacker of Galaxy S III, Galaxy Nexus, Droid X, HTC HD2, HTC Touch Pro 2, HTC Tilt, HTC 8525, O2 XDA II, O2 XDA.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread