Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,238 Members 49,773 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Instagram integration to Android & IOS help please :)

Tip us?

Peterpoose
Old
(Last edited by Peterpoose; 2nd June 2014 at 01:05 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Instagram integration to Android & IOS help please :)

Hi folks,

Will try and keep this short.

I am at the moment having an Android app and an IOS app made by a professional company. It has cost me 10,000.00 for both apps.

It is a map based app with markers. When clicked on a marker an info box pops up witha Facebook icon linked to page, Twitter etc

I desperately want to add Instagram icon that links to that persons page.

I am being told that at the moment this is not possible and that the only thing that can be linked to via the icon is images.

I am after just clicking the Instagram icon and that takes you to the whole Instagram page of that person.

They are using the native Android APK and the same for IOS.

Are they correct in saying that Instagram has not yet released a SDK/API yet.

Quoted for the company email to me,

On your request to also integrate Instagram to the app, we will be unable to assist due AT THIS STAGE simply due to the fact that Instagram to date does not provide android and ios sdk/api so we cannot integrate instagram directly in any android or ios apps at present. We can still design the user interfaces and integrate the app with Facebook.

Thanks for any help folks

Peterpoose
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterpoose View Post
Hi folks,

Will try and keep this short.

I am at the moment having an Android app and an IOS app made by a professional company. It has cost me 10,000.00 for both apps.

It is a map based app with markers. When clicked on a marker an info box pops up witha Facebook icon linked to page, Twitter etc

I desperately want to add Instagram icon that links to that persons page.

I am being told that at the moment this is not possible and that the only thing that can be linked to via the icon is images.

I am after just clicking the Instagram icon and that takes you to the whole Instagram page of that person.

They are using the native Android APK and the same for IOS.

Are they correct in saying that Instagram has not yet released a SDK/API yet.

Quoted for the company email to me,

On your request to also integrate Instagram to the app, we will be unable to assist due AT THIS STAGE simply due to the fact that Instagram to date does not provide android and ios sdk/api so we cannot integrate instagram directly in any android or ios apps at present. We can still design the user interfaces and integrate the app with Facebook.

Thanks for any help folks
Sorry for the bump folks but my thread was moved and is now on page 3 with no answers yet

Would appreciate any sort of answer or direction to other forum parts that could answer my questions please

Thank you

Peter

Peterpoose
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterpoose View Post
Sorry for the bump folks but my thread was moved and is now on page 3 with no answers yet

Would appreciate any sort of answer or direction to other forum parts that could answer my questions please

Thank you

Peter
Hi folks,

Is there any reason why no one can answer this please?

Have I not followed rules or something? I just assumed this was the best forum on the planet to ask such a question and I am surprised no one has answered?

Can you recommend somewhere else I could possibly get answers for my question please?

Cheers!