Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,675 Members 46,890 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Noob question about custom recovery

Tip us?

mahanddeem
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 123
Default Noob question about custom recovery

Hi
I'm sorry for this noob question, Will flashing a custom recovery(only recovery like CWMR) via ODIN 3.09(is this the odin to be used now with S5) will trip yellow exclamation mark on boot and/or KNOX problem on my TMB S5 ? I'm stock non-rooted UVU1ANCH

Thanks

luckyduck69
Old
(Last edited by luckyduck69; 2nd June 2014 at 02:36 PM.)
Thanks Meter 246

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahanddeem View Post
Hi
I'm sorry for this noob question, Will flashing a custom recovery(only recovery like CWMR) via ODIN 3.09(is this the odin to be used now with S5) will trip yellow exclamation mark on boot and/or KNOX problem on my TMB S5 ? I'm stock non-rooted UVU1ANCH

Thanks
Unless something has changed since the Galaxy S4, I'm pretty sure you can just use an app called "Triangle Away" to reset the counter. Seems to have worked on my T-Mobile S5 since flashing the DeoDexed NE5 ROM and TWRP. Someone else here might know more than I, though. So I'd get a second opinion before proceeding. (Just to be sure.)

EDIT: Just read in another thread that there is a hardware tampering system in place in this device. So there might be more to this than I thought.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2729211

The Following User Says Thank You to luckyduck69 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tp2215
Old
Thanks Meter 2581

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Hi

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyduck69 View Post
Unless something has changed since the Galaxy S4, I'm pretty sure you can just use an app called "Triangle Away" to reset the counter. Seems to have worked on my T-Mobile S5 since flashing the DeoDexed NE5 ROM and TWRP. Someone else here might know more than I, though. So I'd get a second opinion before proceeding. (Just to be sure.)

EDIT: Just read in another thread that there is a hardware tampering system in place in this device. So there might be more to this than I thought.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2729211
Triangle away does not yet work for the s5. Yes, flashing a custom recovery will trip knox. There is no yellow exclamation point on the s5 and if you are running a custom rom them you will never notice the difference. It is a hardware feature that is now built into the phone and there is no way to disable it.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
My Current Projects::

<------ If you like my work please hit thanks or donate!
My Devices::
Samsung Galaxy S5 -
Samsung Galaxy S3 - B&N Nook Color (Modified)
My Threads::
The Ultimate Android Ported Apps Directory!
T-Mobile Galaxy S5 Tips And Tricks Thread
The Following User Says Thank You to tp2215 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mahanddeem
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 123
Thanks for the answers, so I understand flashing anything on ODIN will trip the KNOX counter.

What if I then odin the whole stock UVU1ANCH tar again ? will it be reset ?

koolboyztn
Old
Thanks Meter 81
as far as i know, once it tripped u can not reset it back.

ashraf sharif
Old
Thanks Meter 128
Quote:
thanks for the answers, so i understand flashing anything on odin will trip the knox counter.

What if i then odin the whole stock uvu1anch tar again ? Will it be reset ?
you can install any official firmware with odin or ota or kies
. Knox will only trip if you root the phone and or install custom, recovery.. ,custom rom, custom,kernel anything that is not signed by samsung will trip knox.
As far as i know,. There is no way knox can be reset as of this time.