Android One Expanding to Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka

At Google I/O 2013, Google proudly announced that the Android operating system was … more

Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Noob question about custom recovery

OP mahanddeem

2nd June 2014, 02:10 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 124

1,207 posts
Hi
I'm sorry for this noob question, Will flashing a custom recovery(only recovery like CWMR) via ODIN 3.09(is this the odin to be used now with S5) will trip yellow exclamation mark on boot and/or KNOX problem on my TMB S5 ? I'm stock non-rooted UVU1ANCH

Thanks
2nd June 2014, 03:15 PM   |  #2  
Flag Louisville, Kentucky
Thanks Meter: 246

733 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahanddeem

Hi
I'm sorry for this noob question, Will flashing a custom recovery(only recovery like CWMR) via ODIN 3.09(is this the odin to be used now with S5) will trip yellow exclamation mark on boot and/or KNOX problem on my TMB S5 ? I'm stock non-rooted UVU1ANCH

Thanks

Unless something has changed since the Galaxy S4, I'm pretty sure you can just use an app called "Triangle Away" to reset the counter. Seems to have worked on my T-Mobile S5 since flashing the DeoDexed NE5 ROM and TWRP. Someone else here might know more than I, though. So I'd get a second opinion before proceeding. (Just to be sure.)

EDIT: Just read in another thread that there is a hardware tampering system in place in this device. So there might be more to this than I thought.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2729211
Last edited by luckyduck69; 2nd June 2014 at 03:36 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to luckyduck69 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd June 2014, 04:09 PM   |  #3  
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 3,005

1,803 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Hi

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyduck69

Unless something has changed since the Galaxy S4, I'm pretty sure you can just use an app called "Triangle Away" to reset the counter. Seems to have worked on my T-Mobile S5 since flashing the DeoDexed NE5 ROM and TWRP. Someone else here might know more than I, though. So I'd get a second opinion before proceeding. (Just to be sure.)

EDIT: Just read in another thread that there is a hardware tampering system in place in this device. So there might be more to this than I thought.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2729211

Triangle away does not yet work for the s5. Yes, flashing a custom recovery will trip knox. There is no yellow exclamation point on the s5 and if you are running a custom rom them you will never notice the difference. It is a hardware feature that is now built into the phone and there is no way to disable it.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to tp2215 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd June 2014, 10:36 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 124

1,207 posts
Thanks for the answers, so I understand flashing anything on ODIN will trip the KNOX counter.

What if I then odin the whole stock UVU1ANCH tar again ? will it be reset ?
3rd June 2014, 05:16 AM   |  #5  
Flag sOmE WhErE
Thanks Meter: 94

394 posts
More
as far as i know, once it tripped u can not reset it back.
4th June 2014, 10:02 AM   |  #6  
Flag nyc
Thanks Meter: 198

487 posts
More
Quote:

thanks for the answers, so i understand flashing anything on odin will trip the knox counter.

What if i then odin the whole stock uvu1anch tar again ? Will it be reset ?

you can install any official firmware with odin or ota or kies
. Knox will only trip if you root the phone and or install custom, recovery.. ,custom rom, custom,kernel anything that is not signed by samsung will trip knox.
As far as i know,. There is no way knox can be reset as of this time.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread