NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Gets Android 5.0.1, OTA Available

The NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet is the latest Android-powered device released by famed GPU … more

FXP Team Delivers Lollipop to Various Xperia Devices!

From all of us here at XDA-Developers, we’d like to wish you Happy Holidays! If … more

Turn Your Camera Into a Live Puzzle Game

The classic sliding puzzle game hasnt changed much, if at all, over the years. Dating all the way … more

Samsung Begins Production of 8 Gb RAM Chips

With the release of Android 5.0, our favorite mobile operating system has become 64-bit ready. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Worst galaxy ever?

OP livito

24th May 2014, 04:15 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Brooklyn
Thanks Meter: 74

254 posts
More
On paper this is the best galaxy s ever, we all know that, but I have had this phone for 2 weeks now, and I have had the worst android experience on any phone, I had owned every phone on the galaxy s line since the beginning.
I haven't seen any phone with more lags or software flaws than this one.
To begin, the wakeup lag, sometimes more than 10 secs for the phone to wakeup.
The sd card read/write lag, I change my sd card to a Samsung top notch one, and the lag is still noticeable.
Memory issues, I recreates thisnissues in may ways, open up a game (plants vs zombies 2) play for a couple of mins, lock the phone, and see if you can weke it up.
I noticed a bit more smotthnes after the updatw but still the performance on this phone is just awful.
I hope this is an isolated issue, but I have seen a lot of people complaining about the lag as well.

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium HD app
The Following User Says Thank You to livito For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th May 2014, 04:20 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Brooklyn

254 posts
More
Forgot to add the connection issues, I use the subway a lot, I have to put the phone in airplane mode and off to get reception back after getting off the subway, otherwise it will not refresh the connection by itself.

The Following User Says Thank You to livito For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th May 2014, 05:29 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 318

1,787 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livito

Forgot to add the connection issues, I use the subway a lot, I have to put the phone in airplane mode and off to get reception back after getting off the subway, otherwise it will not refresh the connection by itself.

Me toi

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
24th May 2014, 05:46 PM   |  #4  
Flag NYC, NY
Thanks Meter: 3

47 posts
More
Quote:

Me too. I can't tell you how many problems I've had with this phone. That's just one of the many.
25th May 2014, 05:47 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 27

256 posts
I don't have any of these problems. Maybe its crapware your carrier loaded that's restricting it?

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Free mobile app
25th May 2014, 04:47 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Brooklyn

254 posts
More
Yes, it might be a "T-Mobile" version problem, I am pretty sure this are software related problems, I would like to see it running on a vanilla version of android, it has to be TouchWiz messing it up, but anyway, this had to be thoroughly tested before releasing it to the public, shame on T-Mobile/Samsung, hope a fix is on the way.
25th May 2014, 04:58 PM   |  #7  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 931

3,139 posts
More
Quote:

Yes, it might be a "T-Mobile" version problem, I am pretty sure this are software related problems, I would like to see it running on a vanilla version of android, it has to be TouchWiz messing it up, but anyway, this had to be thoroughly tested before releasing it to the public, shame on T-Mobile/Samsung, hope a fix is on the way.

Try using the international stock roms. On the S4, those were MUCH better that the US version roms. I know it requires rooting, but you'll probably be happier and it doesn't really matter if you're outside your return period anyway.
25th May 2014, 05:52 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 97

345 posts
I don't have any of those problems either.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
25th May 2014, 09:13 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 111

881 posts
Me neither

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Free mobile app
26th May 2014, 12:52 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 43

246 posts
Great phone, no issues, where did you buy yur phones?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread