Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,915 Members 44,807 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Worst galaxy ever?

Tip us?

livito
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 48
Default Worst galaxy ever?

On paper this is the best galaxy s ever, we all know that, but I have had this phone for 2 weeks now, and I have had the worst android experience on any phone, I had owned every phone on the galaxy s line since the beginning.
I haven't seen any phone with more lags or software flaws than this one.
To begin, the wakeup lag, sometimes more than 10 secs for the phone to wakeup.
The sd card read/write lag, I change my sd card to a Samsung top notch one, and the lag is still noticeable.
Memory issues, I recreates thisnissues in may ways, open up a game (plants vs zombies 2) play for a couple of mins, lock the phone, and see if you can weke it up.
I noticed a bit more smotthnes after the updatw but still the performance on this phone is just awful.
I hope this is an isolated issue, but I have seen a lot of people complaining about the lag as well.

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium HD app
The Following User Says Thank You to livito For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

livito
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 48
Forgot to add the connection issues, I use the subway a lot, I have to put the phone in airplane mode and off to get reception back after getting off the subway, otherwise it will not refresh the connection by itself.

The Following User Says Thank You to livito For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

raw2000j
Old
Thanks Meter 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by livito View Post
Forgot to add the connection issues, I use the subway a lot, I have to put the phone in airplane mode and off to get reception back after getting off the subway, otherwise it will not refresh the connection by itself.

Me toi

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

digitalfreaknyc
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:

Me too. I can't tell you how many problems I've had with this phone. That's just one of the many.

bubblebuddyi
Old
Thanks Meter 24
I don't have any of these problems. Maybe its crapware your carrier loaded that's restricting it?

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Free mobile app

livito
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 48
Yes, it might be a "T-Mobile" version problem, I am pretty sure this are software related problems, I would like to see it running on a vanilla version of android, it has to be TouchWiz messing it up, but anyway, this had to be thoroughly tested before releasing it to the public, shame on T-Mobile/Samsung, hope a fix is on the way.

aooga
Old
Thanks Meter 836
Quote:
Yes, it might be a "T-Mobile" version problem, I am pretty sure this are software related problems, I would like to see it running on a vanilla version of android, it has to be TouchWiz messing it up, but anyway, this had to be thoroughly tested before releasing it to the public, shame on T-Mobile/Samsung, hope a fix is on the way.
Try using the international stock roms. On the S4, those were MUCH better that the US version roms. I know it requires rooting, but you'll probably be happier and it doesn't really matter if you're outside your return period anyway.

vicvon
Old
Thanks Meter 79
I don't have any of those problems either.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

daxecutioner24
Old
Thanks Meter 109
Me neither

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Free mobile app

jawmail
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Great phone, no issues, where did you buy yur phones?