Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,145 Members 45,659 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ElementalX double tap issue

Tip us?

kurtyyyyyy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 135
Default ElementalX double tap issue

Just a quick Q, does elemental work flawlessly for those who use dt2w? I've found if I leave my tablet for a while without using it and then come back to it (Like an hour or 2), double tap just does nothing. Just wondering if this is a known issue? Sorry, I'm new to the n7, but have had the n5 for a long time now so very familiar.

kurtyyyyyy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 135
Doing a little research..

Before locking your tablet, I think you have to back out of all apps first to your homescreen, then lock it. Can anyone confirm this?

brett_day
Old
Thanks Meter 58
I've not had any issue with it. I have been running Elemental X on Clean ROM v2.7 for a week and it has worked as advertised.
Current Phone - AT&T Motorola Moto X 16GB - Stock

Current Tablet Google Nexus 7 2013 FLO 32GB - Clean Rom v2.7

Previously Owned

Two soup cans and a string, Galaxy Note 3 HTC One, HTC One X HTC HD2, MyTouch 3G, MyTouch 4G, iPhone 3gs, iPhone 4S, HTC One S, Nokia Lumia 900, HTC HD7, Samsung Galaxy Note, HTC Hero (intl version), Atrix HD, Lumia 920, Lumia 820, S3, S4

sbaeder
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Make sure you turn it off in correct way, since it can be disabled.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app

kurtyyyyyy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbaeder View Post
Make sure you turn it off in correct way, since it can be disabled.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app
What's the correct way? I just press power button to lock..

I'm going to try a custom rom, and see if that changes anything. Already tried chaos kernel and same thing happened.

brett_day
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtyyyyyy View Post
What's the correct way? I just press power button to lock..

I'm going to try a custom rom, and see if that changes anything. Already tried chaos kernel and same thing happened.
Thats' the problem. Pressing the power button cycles through the swipe/tap to turn on function. I never use the power button to turn it off, i just swipe across the bottom of the screen, or close the magnetic front cover to my case to shut the screen down

Previously Owned

Two soup cans and a string, Galaxy Note 3 HTC One, HTC One X HTC HD2, MyTouch 3G, MyTouch 4G, iPhone 3gs, iPhone 4S, HTC One S, Nokia Lumia 900, HTC HD7, Samsung Galaxy Note, HTC Hero (intl version), Atrix HD, Lumia 920, Lumia 820, S3, S4
The Following User Says Thank You to brett_day For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kurtyyyyyy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by brett_day View Post
Thats' the problem. Pressing the power button cycles through the swipe/tap to turn on function. I never use the power button to turn it off, i just swipe across the bottom of the screen, or close the magnetic front cover to my case to shut the screen down
Think you've cracked it! Suppose I should have figured. Thanks a lot mate.
The Following User Says Thank You to kurtyyyyyy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

LinearEquation
Old
Thanks Meter 405

DONATE TO ME
I use the power button to turn it off and have no issues. Just font select the option to disable it in the ROM setup and it works fine.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running CM 11 4.4.2 with ElementalX Kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
[ROOT] 2013 KFHD7 Soho firmware 11.x.x.x (no camera)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...44736&page=101 If needed contact @GranPC for an updated Firerooter.
[Root] 2012 KFHD7 Tate http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1886460
2nd [Bootloader]/[TWRP] KFHD7 Tate
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2128848
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2271909
KFHD7 Tate System Restore Tool http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1951254

kurtyyyyyy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 135
I'm on stock, where is that setting?

brett_day
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtyyyyyy View Post
I'm on stock, where is that setting?
That setting is found when you flash the kernel. If you want to change the behavior of the tap to wake etc, you will need to reflash Elemental X

Previously Owned

The Following User Says Thank You to brett_day For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]