Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,798 Members 48,524 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] launcher not working

Tip us?

dsilx
Old
(Last edited by dsilx; 12th June 2014 at 10:05 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 44
Question [Q] launcher not working

Hi im new to android but i wanted to make a custome rom of my own prob just for me
The rom im working with is the t1110 4.2.2 rom ported for galaxy tab 3 t1210 i think it is well on to the question im trying to put a different launcher in the rom but when i boot up the rom the touchwiz launcher works but my launcher i put in wont work plse someone help

Im new to xda plse dont be rude from what i understood this is where i should post my question.

moonbutt74
Old
Thanks Meter 139
Default hey

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsilx View Post
Hi im new to android but i wanted to make a custome rom of my own prob just for me
The rom im working with is the t1110 4.2.2 rom ported for galaxy tab 3 t1210 i think it is well on to the question im trying to put a different launcher in the rom but when i boot up the rom the touchwiz launcher works but my launcher i put in wont work plse someone help

Im new to xda plse dont be rude from what i understood this is where i should post my question.
most launchers are going to work as /system/app if the permissions are correct 644
try installing the normal way and run it, if it doesn't run then choose a different version.
quick tip; if you're looking at the apk and it's icon isn't displaying, it's not going to install/run
[no message]

War Ensemble on Ukelele https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VznAYy5yL2A

github https://github.com/moonbutt74?tab=repositories

i don't know how to do the html stuff

dsilx
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 44
Thumbs up thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonbutt74 View Post
most launchers are going to work as /system/app if the permissions are correct 644
try installing the normal way and run it, if it doesn't run then choose a different version.
quick tip; if you're looking at the apk and it's icon isn't displaying, it's not going to install/run
thank you i figured out the launcher i installed was not able to be a stock launcher so im just gonna use nova launcher