Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] GT-n7100 rom on SGH-i317

OP jayzimmerman

2nd June 2014, 07:36 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Ok so I currently have the Slim kat ROM on my Sgh-i317. I noticed when I installed it, it changed my phone's identity to a GT-N7100. So it made me curious, is there a way i could flash a ROM for a gtn7100 on my SGH? I really really like the jelly kat rom for this model, and if it is possible, the next question is if there exists a [insert proper technical term here] to support ATT LTE coverage?

Thanks,

Jay Zimmerman
2nd June 2014, 07:53 PM   |  #2  
cnote74's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag oklahoma city
Thanks Meter: 2,573
 
3,919 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayzimmerman

Ok so I currently have the Slim kat ROM on my Sgh-i317. I noticed when I installed it, it changed my phone's identity to a GT-N7100. So it made me curious, is there a way i could flash a ROM for a gtn7100 on my SGH? I really really like the jelly kat rom for this model, and if it is possible, the next question is if there exists a [insert proper technical term here] to support ATT LTE coverage?

Thanks,

Jay Zimmerman

Not easy at all as a true n7100 rom flashes but has no baseband or data. To fix it would require proper kernel, modem, bin, lib, etc and csc files from a n7105 or i317 rom.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to cnote74 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd June 2014, 08:11 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnote74

Not easy at all as a true n7100 rom flashes but has no baseband or data. To fix it would require proper kernel, modem, bin, lib, etc and csc files from a n7105 or i317 rom.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

I am somewhat new to this process, but say i downloaded the gtn7100 rom i wanted, and a similar rom for a i317. could i just copypasta the files mentioned above from the i317 rom into the gtn7100?
2nd June 2014, 08:13 PM   |  #4  
cnote74's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag oklahoma city
Thanks Meter: 2,573
 
3,919 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayzimmerman

I am somewhat new to this process, but say i downloaded the gtn7100 rom i wanted, and a similar rom for a i317. could i just copypasta the files mentioned above from the i317 rom into the gtn7100?

You can it will take some trial and effort to get it fully ported right.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to cnote74 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd June 2014, 04:51 AM   |  #5  
gregsarg's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag B.F.E.
Thanks Meter: 3,738
 
4,411 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
Cnote got it...but yes...it'll work...
Check in the "everything" thread for the porting guide for N7100 roms...g

Edit:
Here ya go...
Standard disclaimers apply...
Go to page 1 of the thread...
Be careful...g

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2018411
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Last edited by gregsarg; 3rd June 2014 at 04:54 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes