Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,145 Members 42,211 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Tab Pro 8.4-how I fixed oversensitive screen

Tip us?

dorpmuller
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Phone Tab Pro 8.4-how I fixed oversensitive screen

So my two Tab Pros were driving me bonkers because of the oversensitive screen was making the device almost useless, opening apps when I didn't want and being too sensitive to register touch and hold.

I downloaded an app from the Play Store which fixed the problem on both. SGS Screen Booster. Please note that I'm not spamming the forum with this-just wanted to pass it on as this issue was driving me nuts!

On the sensitivity adjustment I moved it from default of 40 to 45-50. This is with a screen protector and now both tabs are a pleasure to use.

Rich
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to dorpmuller For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

conan1600
Old
Thanks Meter 199

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorpmuller View Post
So my two Tab Pros were driving me bonkers because of the oversensitive screen was making the device almost useless, opening apps when I didn't want and being too sensitive to register touch and hold.

I downloaded an app from the Play Store which fixed the problem on both. SGS Screen Booster. Please note that I'm not spamming the forum with this-just wanted to pass it on as this issue was driving me nuts!

On the sensitivity adjustment I moved it from default of 40 to 45-50. This is with a screen protector and now both tabs are a pleasure to use.

Rich
Sweet. That will help a lot of guys. Thanks for sharing buddy.
Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 - Rooted/Exposed
Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 - Rooted/Exposed
HP Slatebook 10 X2
Nexus 7 2013 - CM 10.2
Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 - (R)
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 - Rooted - 1.6GHz OC
Nook HD+ - CM 10.1 (R)
Asus Transformer TF300T - Clean Rom 3.0.4 (R)
Acer A210 - Stock (R)
Samsung Galaxy Tab - CM 10 (R)
Barnes & Noble Nook Color - CM9 (R)
LG G3
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (R)
LG Optimus G Pro Rooted, Exposed (R)
Motorola Atrix 4g -TopSmarts 2.3 (R)
HTC Hero - CM7 (R)
The Following User Says Thank You to conan1600 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

toystory
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorpmuller View Post

Rich
Thanks, just install it, Yes it work for me, Thanks again!!

leleuk
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for sharing this. It does work! Though the problem still happens but the frequency really can be ignored. The interesting part is this is an old app for Galaxy S (I9000), I bet the developer didn't expect saving samsung's ass again 2 years later.

dorpmuller
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by leleuk View Post
Thanks for sharing this. It does work! Though the problem still happens but the frequency really can be ignored. The interesting part is this is an old app for Galaxy S (I9000), I bet the developer didn't expect saving samsung's ass again 2 years later.
Glad to be of help-I've gotten so much out of the forum that I'm pleased to give something back at last!

Rich
The Following User Says Thank You to dorpmuller For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

FluffyR
Old
Thanks Meter 21
is this for when you scrolling on the tab, it'll sometimes register as a click?

dorpmuller
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluffyR View Post
is this for when you scrolling on the tab, it'll sometimes register as a click?
Yes-that's one of the things this fixed for me.

FluffyR
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Thanks, ill give it a try then

~Galaxy TabPro SM-T320

talhamdi
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Your help is appreciated, Thank you.

skyline23
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Thanks for this, i'll give it a shot. It drives me nuts when using this tab one handed and trying to scroll.