Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,909 Members 37,722 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] GPS No Lock. Fix?

Tip us?

geokilla
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 275
Default [Q] GPS No Lock. Fix?

I am not at home right now, and won't be for the next few days as I am out of town. However yesterday I noticed that the GPS does not lock anymore. I already restored the EFS backup I had from before but to no avail. Is there a way to get GPS working again? Some threads say to flash stock. Others told me it's impossible to fix it. I desperately need it as I am not familiar with the area and it's very inconvenient to not have working GPS. You never know when you might need it.
LG Optimus G E971
ROM: Ported Korean Kit Kat by Paulicat

Google Nexus 4
ROM: Carbon 4.4.2

Google Nexus 7

grunch21
Old
Thanks Meter 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by geokilla View Post
I am not at home right now, and won't be for the next few days as I am out of town. However yesterday I noticed that the GPS does not lock anymore. I already restored the EFS backup I had from before but to no avail. Is there a way to get GPS working again? Some threads say to flash stock. Others told me it's impossible to fix it. I desperately need it as I am not familiar with the area and it's very inconvenient to not have working GPS. You never know when you might need it.
Flash stock based rom first, get a gps lock, then restore your backup. What rom are you using btw?

geokilla
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by grunch21 View Post
Flash stock based rom first, get a gps lock, then restore your backup. What rom are you using btw?
Carbon ROM created by me and @mathsz.

What do you mean by restore the backup? The EFS backup I made was made in Carbon ROM.
LG Optimus G E971

Google Nexus 4

Google Nexus 7

toybxb
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I just realized that i have the same problem (Carbon too)...i saw in the e970 topics that some guys had the same problem, they fixed with FREEGEE, option RESTORE EFS, i had restore but havent tried it yeat, because im at the office building...i think this will work

toybxb
Old
Thanks Meter 6
It didnt work

toybxb
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Hello ! I have solved the gps fix ! I had to install/flash the original rom...now i have the gps working.

Enviado do meu LG-E975 através de Tapatalk

geokilla
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by toybxb View Post
Hello ! I have solved the gps fix ! I had to install/flash the original rom...now i have the gps working.
You just KDZ back to stock JB? Or flashed one of the CWM ones out there?
LG Optimus G E971

Google Nexus 4

Google Nexus 7

toybxb
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
You just KDZ back to stock JB? Or flashed one of the CWM ones out there?
I did whit the LG software KDZ update...lost root and bootloader unlock. i think i will stay whit original rom but with root...

grunch21
Old
Thanks Meter 65
Quote:
Carbon ROM created by me and @mathsz.

What do you mean by restore the backup? The EFS backup I made was made in Carbon ROM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by toybxb View Post
I did whit the LG software KDZ update...lost root and bootloader unlock. i think i will stay whit original rom but with root...
It'd be easier if you could find a stock based rom for your model (E971?) rather than using KDZ. Get GPS lock, then restore your ROM if you want. Though in your case i think it's safer to use stock rom for a while since GPS issue is known bug for gee/b based ROMs.

toybxb
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by grunch21 View Post
It'd be easier if you could find a stock based rom for your model (E971?) rather than using KDZ. Get GPS lock, then restore your ROM if you want. Though in your case i think it's safer to use stock rom for a while since GPS issue is known bug for gee/b based ROMs.
Mine is e975
I was using Carbon Rom since january...and never got any problem with gps, but now...had to return to stock.