Mural Watchface Brings 500px to Android Wear

On a traditional watch, you can’t really do too much to change its appearance once … more

Android 5.0 Favorite Features, Release November 3rd? – XDA TV

Google Confirms Android 5.0 Lollipop for November 3rd! That and much more … more

Prepare Your Build Machines: Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn Now Official

Today is an important day for any and all Linux enthusiasts. One of the … more

Track the Time You Waste on Social Media with Socials Addict

When you use your phone, you often don’t even realize how much time you … more

[Q] GPS No Lock. Fix?

OP geokilla

2nd June 2014, 06:04 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 279

2,617 posts
More
I am not at home right now, and won't be for the next few days as I am out of town. However yesterday I noticed that the GPS does not lock anymore. I already restored the EFS backup I had from before but to no avail. Is there a way to get GPS working again? Some threads say to flash stock. Others told me it's impossible to fix it. I desperately need it as I am not familiar with the area and it's very inconvenient to not have working GPS. You never know when you might need it.
2nd June 2014, 04:44 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 67

188 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by geokilla

I am not at home right now, and won't be for the next few days as I am out of town. However yesterday I noticed that the GPS does not lock anymore. I already restored the EFS backup I had from before but to no avail. Is there a way to get GPS working again? Some threads say to flash stock. Others told me it's impossible to fix it. I desperately need it as I am not familiar with the area and it's very inconvenient to not have working GPS. You never know when you might need it.

Flash stock based rom first, get a gps lock, then restore your backup. What rom are you using btw?
2nd June 2014, 11:11 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Toronto

2,617 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by grunch21

Flash stock based rom first, get a gps lock, then restore your backup. What rom are you using btw?

Carbon ROM created by me and @mathsz.

What do you mean by restore the backup? The EFS backup I made was made in Carbon ROM.
3rd June 2014, 10:14 AM   |  #4  
Flag Portugal
Thanks Meter: 9

85 posts
More
I just realized that i have the same problem (Carbon too)...i saw in the e970 topics that some guys had the same problem, they fixed with FREEGEE, option RESTORE EFS, i had restore but havent tried it yeat, because im at the office building...i think this will work
3rd June 2014, 05:11 PM   |  #5  
Flag Portugal

85 posts
More
It didnt work
4th June 2014, 06:39 AM   |  #6  
Flag Portugal

85 posts
More
Hello ! I have solved the gps fix ! I had to install/flash the original rom...now i have the gps working.

Enviado do meu LG-E975 através de Tapatalk
5th June 2014, 03:07 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Toronto

2,617 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by toybxb

Hello ! I have solved the gps fix ! I had to install/flash the original rom...now i have the gps working.

You just KDZ back to stock JB? Or flashed one of the CWM ones out there?
5th June 2014, 09:44 AM   |  #8  
Flag Portugal

85 posts
More
Quote:

You just KDZ back to stock JB? Or flashed one of the CWM ones out there?

I did whit the LG software KDZ update...lost root and bootloader unlock. i think i will stay whit original rom but with root...
5th June 2014, 06:33 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 67

188 posts
More
Quote:

Carbon ROM created by me and @mathsz.

What do you mean by restore the backup? The EFS backup I made was made in Carbon ROM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toybxb

I did whit the LG software KDZ update...lost root and bootloader unlock. i think i will stay whit original rom but with root...

It'd be easier if you could find a stock based rom for your model (E971?) rather than using KDZ. Get GPS lock, then restore your ROM if you want. Though in your case i think it's safer to use stock rom for a while since GPS issue is known bug for gee/b based ROMs.
6th June 2014, 02:40 PM   |  #10  
Flag Portugal

85 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by grunch21

It'd be easier if you could find a stock based rom for your model (E971?) rather than using KDZ. Get GPS lock, then restore your ROM if you want. Though in your case i think it's safer to use stock rom for a while since GPS issue is known bug for gee/b based ROMs.

Mine is e975
I was using Carbon Rom since january...and never got any problem with gps, but now...had to return to stock.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread