Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,571 Members 54,653 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can't flash CM11 on Fascinate

Tip us?

mohan2k2
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Can't flash CM11 on Fascinate

I can't flash CM11 on my Verizon Fascinate after using the following thread. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2521427.

I did stock rom EH03, cwm4 for CM7 and bml-i500 via odin still not able to install [ROM][4.4] Unofficial CyanogenMod 11.0. Getting following error after try to install from zip sd card. I am able to install 2-kernel_cm11__11-10-13-fascinatemtd. Please help.Thank You

e:error executing updater binary in zip '/sdcard
err0r flashing zip '/sdcard/cm-11-20131125-unoff
e:unable to mount '/system.

Payton95
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan2k2 View Post
I can't flash CM11 on my Verizon Fascinate after using the following thread. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2521427.

I did stock rom EH03, cwm4 for CM7 and bml-i500 via odin still not able to install [ROM][4.4] Unofficial CyanogenMod 11.0. Getting following error after try to install from zip sd card. I am able to install 2-kernel_cm11__11-10-13-fascinatemtd. Please help.Thank You

e:error executing updater binary in zip '/sdcard
err0r flashing zip '/sdcard/cm-11-20131125-unoff
e:unable to mount '/system.
Cant mount system huh?
I believe you are getting this error because you are coming from stock. Update the phone to another rom like JellyBean 4.1 and then try to flash this then.

mohan2k2
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Still no go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payton95 View Post
Cant mount system huh?
I believe you are getting this error because you are coming from stock. Update the phone to another rom like JellyBean 4.1 and then try to flash this then.
Still no go with JB 4.1 or CM 10.1. Cant mount e:data or e:system

J
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Flashed a GB bootloader with Odin?
G2 32 White / TWRP / CM11
Nexus 5 / TWRP / Stock / Franco

monochrome83
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason_streak View Post
Flashed a GB bootloader with Odin?
if he's having a problem coming from stock, then its either or. attempted a flash from Slim Bean 4.2, having same issue...

jkok
Old
(Last edited by jkok; 11th December 2013 at 01:57 AM.)
Thanks Meter 163

DONATE TO ME
try from stock again(odin-flashed+re-partitioned), flash cwm-fixed-for-cm7(odin-flashed, do NOT RE-PARTITION!), flash the kernel in the cm11 OP(it will boot into TWRP recovery; note DO NOT FLASH A TWRP-INJECTED ROM FOR TWRP TO APPLY ONLY THE RECOVERY, IT WILL CORRUPT /SYSTEM AND /DATA PARTITIONS AS IT WAS MOUNTING THEM BEFORE THE TWRP RECOVERY INJECTION REBOOT!!, THUS HAVING ERRORS WHEN FLASHING!! TO FIX RESTORE ANY WORKING TWRP BACKUP, OR USE ODIN TO START OVER!! ), (did over-killing CAPS LOCK make it look important enough to remember) XD, anyways...

when in TWRP flash the following(as all checked with a blue "x", incase u dont use TWRP much):

-data
-cache
-dalvik-cache
-system

flash the newest version in @Unjustified Dev 's thread for (unofficial) CM11(as its the rom u are currently having troubles with, and u had a glitched version where the update-binary was not signed all the way in his rom, as if u look at the difference in the binary from it and the newer rom version, it didnt transfer all the way), then the special GAPPS in one of the comments ON A SEPARATE FLASH!, or goto paranoid-android's forum and flash the newest Modular-mini 4.4 GAPPS AGAIN!! ON A SEPARATE FLASH!,, then any mods/add-ons u want(can be on same flash as GAPPS, along with any other additional zips, with the exclusion of data restoring ones like Titanium-Backup-made "update.zip", as that will only restore the system-apps at the moment as it requires data partition to be setup, e.g. first_boot=completed_successfully, then u can goto recovery and flash it for a quicker data recovery)

the only reason why i didn't tell u to make a backup is cause when u flashed the kernel to get the TWRP, its an incompatible kernel for stock, but if u are on a rom u like, make a backup for it first, then flash to stock for a cleaned-out partition, i always suggest making regular/routine backups(about every 3-7 days, or when trying a new rom/Rooted-or-flashed-mod)+(and routinely deleting/cleaning older ones, or ones u don't use), or at least update the titanium-backup-made "update.zip" for faster data recovery(DO NOT INCLUDE SYSTEM-APPS BUILT WITH THE ROM INSIDE THE ZIP, AS SOMETIMES IT WILL OVERLAP THE ROMS ZIP AND CAUSE SOME ERRORS, SAME WITH ITS DATA!!) (opps caps-lock of remembering again, where did that come from) :P

note: in case u(the OP, or others who see this comment) the key-combos(or requirements) for the following partition loading(s) are:
-(ANY)recovery = Volume_DOWN+Volume_UP+Power
-Download-Mode = Plugged into USB-Cable(From AC(Wall-Adapter), DC(Car-Port)(may or may-not work, as it only did for me literally twice since ive owned the phone XD), or Computer(USB-Port( duh )))+Vol_DOWN
-System= (any other combination, as long as POWER is pushed down for ~2-5 seconds (and other partition combinations are not pressed+held after the second "samsung" popup, and/or for two consecutive "samsung" popups or more in some cases)

ADB Commands for rebooting partitions arenon-adb-shell-based, as in shell there is ALOT more ways u could do it)
-System (method1)= adb reboot
-System (method2)= adb reboot system
-Recovery (method1) = adb reboot recovery
-Recovery (method2) = adb reboot-recovery
-Download = adb reboot download
-POWER_OFF = adb reboot -p

Glad if i could be any help with this mini-thread comment now that i see the length XD but i tried to be through and user-friendly as i could think XD if u have any other things wrong or needed to know, feel free to ask on here =)

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payton95 View Post
Cant mount system huh?
im not trying to sound like a smart-@$$, but if u look into the errors on the thing, like alot of systems it usually tends to load from top-to-bottom, and in that specific version build it was the update-binary not signed all the way in the transfer in sign-apk (notice the first error, "e:error executing updater binary in zip '/sdcard", and without the binary even if the recovery is compiled right for the phone model(e.g. with the right partition labels for system, data, cache, etc, it wont be able to know for the specfic code to use it by without the binary that is unique for each individual phone(in the update-binary file), by my observations in the systems used anyways =S, cause i manages to fix that specfic zip later after downloading the newer version, just for testing of THAT error, and replaced the update-binary and re-signed and it worked =)[COLOR="Silver"]

aircooledbusses
Old
Thanks Meter 114
[QUOTE=jkok;48357970]try from stock again(odin-flashed+re-partitioned), flash cwm-fixed-for-cm7(odin-flashed, do NOT RE-PARTITION!), flash the kernel in the cm11 OP(it will boot into TWRP recovery; note DO NOT FLASH A TWRP-INJECTED ROM FOR TWRP TO APPLY ONLY THE RECOVERY, IT WILL CORRUPT /SYSTEM AND /DATA PARTITIONS AS IT WAS MOUNTING THEM BEFORE THE TWRP RECOVERY INJECTION REBOOT!!, THUS HAVING ERRORS WHEN FLASHING!! TO FIX RESTORE ANY WORKING TWRP BACKUP, OR USE ODIN TO START OVER!! ), (did over-killing CAPS LOCK make it look important enough to remember) XD, anyways...

when in TWRP flash the following(as all checked with a blue "x", incase u dont use TWRP much):

-data
-cache
-dalvik-cache
-system

thanks for this, I spent longer than I should have before asking for help.

I have no problems flashing pre 4.4 roms, I am not a developer, and I am stuck

odined back to stock
flashed just the kernel
booted into twrp and then it gets messy

if I advanced wipe cache, dalvik, system data .......it fails
I can factory reset but any wipe after that fails

I know persistence is key, but ive been at this for a while and went back to stock like four times.........any insights?
sgh i747 Pwn's latest kernel
GT-I9070 Vanir
Nexus 7 Carbon ROM Glitched
ADR6300 Touch of Blue
Nexus S handed down to my son
sgh i500 Parandroid -handed down

us my referral code for COPY please 5gig bonus for you and me!
https://copy.com?r=iBySZk

tsdsbrk
Old
Thanks Meter 3
after it fails the 1st time, can you reboot to TWRP? if you can, wipe davlik, reflash the rom.

aircooledbusses
Old
Thanks Meter 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsdsbrk View Post
after it fails the 1st time, can you reboot to TWRP? if you can, wipe davlik, reflash the rom.
yes, flashing the kernel is successful, but the wipe is not going well. when I advanced wipe either all four together or starting with the sysystem (one at a time) I get red letter failed.

thought maybe it had something to do with mounting so I tried a 16 gig class 10 chip instead of the 32 gig chip. no difference.

Im not giving up but am going to rtry ri go from stock to helly, to kit kat and see if that makes a difference.
sgh i747 Pwn's latest kernel
GT-I9070 Vanir
Nexus 7 Carbon ROM Glitched
ADR6300 Touch of Blue
Nexus S handed down to my son
sgh i500 Parandroid -handed down

us my referral code for COPY please 5gig bonus for you and me!
https://copy.com?r=iBySZk

jkok
Old
Thanks Meter 163

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by aircooledbusses View Post

thanks for this, I spent longer than I should have before asking for help.

I have no problems flashing pre 4.4 roms, I am not a developer, and I am stuck

odined back to stock
flashed just the kernel
booted into twrp and then it gets messy

if I advanced wipe cache, dalvik, system data .......it fails
I can factory reset but any wipe after that fails

I know persistence is key, but ive been at this for a while and went back to stock like four times.........any insights?
-odin to stock (or GeeWiz odin from its thread) (dont forget to repartition)

-!!!!!!BOOT THE DEVICE ONCE!!! OR /system + Data PARTITIONS ARE NOT MADE!!!"

-(after that if odin'd from GeeWiz go in its recovery and convert partitions (labeled volumes) to efs not ext4)

-if odin'd to stock odin the cm4 fixed for cm7(no repartition), if odined from geewiz(and completed above step), goto next step from its recovery

-go in the recovery then flash the kernel (as u were in a cwm based recovery it will update to TWRP)

-When booted into TWRP do the ALL wipes (except SDCARD)

-Flash Rom ONLY IN THIS ZIP QUE!!! (NO GAPPS!)

-Flash Gapps+other .ZIP packages

-Reboot /system and watch the first boot =)

Sorry i wasnt as clear, but sometimes its faster with the GeeWiz odin since it is already 4.2.2 + comes with boot.img + bootloader from Gingerbread/ISC/JB (as its the same), it only seems to take longer from the convert partitions (rfs) step, buts its easier in the long run =)