FORUMS

Google No Longer Sending Calendar SMS Notifications

In a not entirely surprising move, Google announced that it’s putting an … more

Enable Multi-Window Mode on M Developer Preview

What was not mentioned in yeterday’s keynote was Android M’s multi-window … more

I/O Summary: Google Cardboard Virtual Reality

One year ago, Google introduced cardboard. Amazingly enough, that was all it took to fire … more

Android M Preview Images – XDA TV

Android M preview images are available. That and much more news is covered by Jordan when he … more

[Guide] Flashing stock roms Note 10.1 3G/WiFi N8000/N8010/N8013 - updated 21 Oct

Thanks Meter: 26

By pdagenius, Senior Member on 19th October 2012, 03:22 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Here is my quick guide to flashing Stock roms for the Galaxy Note 10.1 which I have decided to post following my experience with my Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8010. My understanding is that the same procedure should work with other versions of the Galaxy Note 10.1 but I have not tried it.

As the Galaxy Note 10.1 is still a relatively new device, there does not seem to be so much help or development around. I stumbled upon this method of updating my Stock rom and thought it was worth contributing. The information is already distributed around the forums, but not specifically here for the Galaxy Note 10.1.

Please note you follow this guide at your own risk, I am not responsible if you mess up your tablet

1. Your starting point should be a rooted rom on your tablet. This is required for Mobile ODIN Pro to work. If you have not done this, then this thread should be followed first.

2. Download Mobile ODIN Pro from the Playstore. This has the advantage over the Lite version in that it can root a stock rom as you flash it. For more infomation on how to use this app see this thread.

3. Find your rom on sammobile. You will also need to register with the site in order to download the rom. Please note the roms for the Galaxy Note 10.1 are large - approaching 1GB!

4. Once downloaded, you need to extract the .tar file from the .zip and transfer it to your tablet.

5. Fire up Mobile ODIN Pro, grant superuser permissions. Select Open File and navigate to the .tar file you transferred. This will assign the relevant parts of the rom to the different partitions.

6. If you have flashed CWM recovery you need to go to the Recovery partition file and clear this otherwise you will get the Stock recovery again.

7. The key advantage of Mobile ODIN Pro is that you can inject root files as you flash the rom. So under EverRoot select Inject Superuser and Inject Mobile ODIN.

8. Set the Wipe data and cache and Wipe Dalvik cache settings to your choice. I left them unticked and therefore did not loose any data or apps I had already setup/installed.

9. Flash the firmware and enjoy

Specific thanks to Chainfire and zedomax and the SamMobile website
Last edited by pdagenius; 21st October 2012 at 07:55 PM.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to pdagenius For This Useful Post: [ View ]

24th October 2012, 07:34 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:

Here is my quick guide to flashing Stock roms for the Galaxy Note 10.1 which I have decided to post following my experience with my Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8010. My understanding is that the same procedure should work with other versions of the Galaxy Note 10.1 but I have not tried it.

As the Galaxy Note 10.1 is still a relatively new device, there does not seem to be so much help or development around. I stumbled upon this method of updating my Stock rom and thought it was worth contributing. The information is already distributed around the forums, but not specifically here for the Galaxy Note 10.1.

Please note you follow this guide at your own risk, I am not responsible if you mess up your tablet

1. Your starting point should be a rooted rom on your tablet. This is required for Mobile ODIN Pro to work. If you have not done this, then this thread should be followed first.

2. Download Mobile ODIN Pro from the Playstore. This has the advantage over the Lite version in that it can root a stock rom as you flash it. For more infomation on how to use this app see this thread.

3. Find your rom on sammobile. You will also need to register with the site in order to download the rom. Please note the roms for the Galaxy Note 10.1 are large - approaching 1GB!

4. Once downloaded, you need to extract the .tar file from the .zip and transfer it to your tablet.

5. Fire up Mobile ODIN Pro, grant superuser permissions. Select Open File and navigate to the .tar file you transferred. This will assign the relevant parts of the rom to the different partitions.

6. If you have flashed CWM recovery you need to go to the Recovery partition file and clear this otherwise you will get the Stock recovery again.

7. The key advantage of Mobile ODIN Pro is that you can inject root files as you flash the rom. So under EverRoot select Inject Superuser and Inject Mobile ODIN.

8. Set the Wipe data and cache and Wipe Dalvik cache settings to your choice. I left them unticked and therefore did not loose any data or apps I had already setup/installed.

Thanks for the brief tut, although I would have shy'ed away from recommending against wiping.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using xda premium
14th November 2012, 01:40 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 66

More
How about just flashing the stock rom in odin from pc? You will lose rot and cwm but it will be realy stock
A lot of users are having problems with the N8000 jb rom and they just want to get back to stock fw and wate for the ota jb.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to KoRoZIV For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th December 2012, 02:41 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 268

More
I've lost the abaility to install an update, it jist bootloops afterward. Gonna reflash updated stock and see of o can apply root that way, via everroot in mobile odin.

Never seen these kinds of problems rooting devices before.
Or loosing root after update.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using XDA Premium HD app
22nd January 2013, 04:16 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 118

More
Re: [Guide] Flashing stock roms Note 10.1 3G/WiFi N8000/N8010/N8013 - updated 21 Oct
Anyway to install a stock rom with root injected?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
22nd January 2013, 11:04 PM |#6  
Flag Espinho
Thanks Meter: 867

More
I use always MobileODIN to flash Odex Rom's from SamMobile.
And it flash also .zip Roms but have problems when there is AROMA. In this case I not use it.

MobileODIN not flash New Bootloader's like on Rom XXDLL7 from Note 2 N7100 to solve ExynosAbuse bug.
For this case we must use Odin/PC.

---------- Post added at 01:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonzhao

Anyway to install a stock rom with root injected?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Always root injected. SuperSU and SU binary, not the busybox. And install MobileODIN.
Last edited by ValenteL; 22nd January 2013 at 11:16 PM.
12th May 2013, 12:32 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Is there also a different way to install the stock rom? I don't have a credit card so not able to pay for this app.

Could I install this rom from cwm?

Or start up Odin on my pc and chose the stock rom?
10th July 2013, 07:18 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Thumbs down
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdagenius

This is not working with N8000. I get only reboot when flashing stock rom.
30th December 2013, 05:23 PM |#9  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 6

More
it looks like stock firmware is no longer downloaded, files are not available on sammobile, can somebody please share UK stock firmware?

---------- Post added at 05:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by xorti

it looks like stock firmware is no longer downloaded, files are not available on sammobile, can somebody please share UK stock firmware?

Update, found few roms here http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=GT-N8010
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xorti For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th May 2015, 05:08 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Unhappy how did you fix its
Quote:
Originally Posted by cilli

This is not working with N8000. I get only reboot when flashing stock rom.

how did you fix it please... i'm confused and i don't know to solve this problem with my "N8000 Reboot" .. is it flash room hardware problem
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread