[Q] Battery logo only

OP chunter2

16th January 2014, 04:51 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

28 posts
I've been searching for a while but can't seem to find anyone with the same issue. When I insert the battery into the phone I get the empty battery logo then the lights under the touch buttons turn on and then the screen and button lights turn off and that's it. No looping. If I pull the battery and insert it I get the logo and lights and then nothing again. I can hold down both volume buttons while I insert the battery and get to download mode. I can then flash back to stock and reboot into the rom but as soon as I reboot from the rom I'm back to the empty battery logo and then nothing. I've replaced the power button but I'm pretty sure it's not a button issue. Any ideas?
18th January 2014, 04:14 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 7

35 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunter2

I've been searching for a while but can't seem to find anyone with the same issue. When I insert the battery into the phone I get the empty battery logo then the lights under the touch buttons turn on and then the screen and button lights turn off and that's it. No looping. If I pull the battery and insert it I get the logo and lights and then nothing again. I can hold down both volume buttons while I insert the battery and get to download mode. I can then flash back to stock and reboot into the rom but as soon as I reboot from the rom I'm back to the empty battery logo and then nothing. I've replaced the power button but I'm pretty sure it's not a button issue. Any ideas?

Dont do anything on the software side, it is a hardware problem.The power button is broke.

Get it replaced or open up the cover and blow air onto it... there is a guide to show you how.
18th January 2014, 04:30 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

28 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkiriti

Dont do anything on the software side, it is a hardware problem.The power button is broke.

Get it replaced or open up the cover and blow air onto it... there is a guide to show you how.

I already replaced the power button with no change. Any other suggestions?
18th January 2014, 10:33 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
USA
Thanks Meter: 4,521

3,201 posts
Quote:

try charging the battery using a charger or try a different battery
20th January 2014, 04:05 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

28 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by qkster

try charging the battery using a charger or try a different battery

I've done that too. I've got two of these phones and both batteries do the same thing.
21st January 2014, 02:30 AM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
USA
Thanks Meter: 4,521

3,201 posts
Quote:

I've done that too. I've got two of these phones and both batteries do the same thing.

If you are able to flash back to stock, in the stock rom, try reseting the phone under "privacy" then boot into recovery and factory reset the too.

If that doesn't work, make a video
16th May 2014, 12:02 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

28 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by qkster

If you are able to flash back to stock, in the stock rom, try reseting the phone under "privacy" then boot into recovery and factory reset the too.

If that doesn't work, make a video

Turns out my USB connector was faulty. I removed it from the motherboard and now when I insert the battery nothing happens like it should. I can now turn on the phone with the button. Guess I'll be ordering a USB connector off ebay.
14th June 2014, 08:20 AM   |  #8  
Flag Male'
Thanks Meter: 4

16 posts
More
Worked for me as well
Quote:

Turns out my USB connector was faulty. I removed it from the motherboard and now when I insert the battery nothing happens like it should. I can now turn on the phone with the button. Guess I'll be ordering a USB connector off ebay.

The same thing happened to me. After reading this tread, I replaced my USB port and its perfectly working fine again. I can get into Recovery and everything now. No random reboots and things .

Thanks @chunter2

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread