[How To] Root the Rogers Infuse 4G - NOT for AT&T Infuse owners
1) Create a folder on your internal SD card called Voodoo. Then create another folder inside of it called disable-lagfix.
2) Make sure the Samsung USB drivers are installed. Installing Kies
is a good way to accomplish this. It shouldn't matter which version of Kies you install as they all contain the same USB driver.
3) Download and unzip Odin_Infused_Gingerbread_Kernel_v1.zip.
4) Right click on Odin3_v1.81.exe and run it as administrator.
5) Place your phone into download mode. Do this by powering it completely off and then holding down both volume buttons while plugging in the USB cable.
6) Make sure your phone shows up in Odin as COM##.
7) Click the PDA button and choose PDA_Infused_Gingerbread_Kernel_v1.tar.md5.
8) Press Start.
9) If the phone doesn't automatically reboot after it completes the flash, just pull the battery and then replace it and turn on the phone.
10) You should now be rooted and see the Superuser app installed on your phone.
Optional post root procedures:
-You may want to install BusyBox from the Market after rooting. It's required by some root applications.
-If you would like to revert to the stock kernel after rooting, follow the same procedure but instead use Odin_Stock_Rogers_UXKG3_Kernel.zip. You will not lose root by reverting to the stock kernel. If you enabled Voodoo lagfix at some point, you must disable it before reverting to the stock kernel.
-If you would like to enable Voodoo lagfix, just delete the Voodoo folder you created on your internal SD card and reboot.
-You may access CWM recovery while using the kernel you flashed to get root. To access it, power off your phone and with the phone powered off hold both volume keys and the power button for about 10 seconds and then release.
-You may install my Infused v2 ROM if you wish. Just enable Voodoo lagfix and then follow the instructions titled "Installation from stock or from Infused v1" in my thread. You will not experience the known bugs listed for the ROM like us AT&T owners.
Here are the mirrors for the rogers kernels: (By threi_)
Minus folder for both (and other Rogers stuff will be added)
I do this for fun so you shouldn't feel any obligation to donate, but here's a link if you want to. Donations of any amount are very much appreciated.
Moto X GSM Unlocked
HTC One Unlocked, Nexus 4, iPhone 5, Galaxy Nexus, iPhone 4S, HTC One X, Nokia Lumia 800, HTC Titan, Samsung Galaxy S II, Samsung Infuse, LG Thrill, HTC Inspire, Samsung Captivate, HTC Aria, Samsung BlackJack II