Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,200 Members 40,883 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Possible to downgrade just the radio?

Tip us?

nysoprano
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default [Q] Possible to downgrade just the radio?

I flashed the new 1.57.531.7 firmware and i'm not happy with the data signal and connection; it hangs a lot before downloading in certain apps. Is there a way to downgrade just the firmware without losing s-off or recovery? or can i just flash a different radio in recovery?

gokun
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by nysoprano View Post
I flashed the new 1.57.531.7 firmware and i'm not happy with the data signal and connection; it hangs a lot before downloading in certain apps. Is there a way to downgrade just the firmware without losing s-off or recovery? or can i just flash a different radio in recovery?
From my understanding s-off is forever unless you change it back yourself manually.
You can flash a customized firmware in order to not lose your recovery. There are some available if you do a quick search(I don't have the links convenient right now).
If you are s-off (it seems like you are) then you should be able to flash a radio in recovery if you want. You would just need a flashable version of the radio. There are some of those floating around in here (I believe some in the same post as the firmware) as well.
Hope that helps.