Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,679 Members 41,522 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Anyone know what this security update is Samsung is trying to push?

Tip us?

oscarthegrouch
Old
(Last edited by oscarthegrouch; 2nd June 2014 at 08:27 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 325
Default Anyone know what this security update is Samsung is trying to push?

I keep canceling it. Trying the link for more info and the page is 404.
Edit: Sorry no screen shot. I didn't think to grab one. Just look at the date of this post. Are you seeing similar behavior? I just don't want to blindly let something install without knowing what is going on. I also don't want to Bork something by letting the phone do stuff automatically. It could "fix" something I don't want to be fixed and block something I don't want blocked. Knowing Samsung, it would fix something that cannot be rolled back once applied.
Edit 2: Just did a twrp nandroid backup, just in case. I don't know if the update does anything to hardware yet, but I have the software side backed up.

jimzweb1
Old
Thanks Meter 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by oscarthegrouch View Post
I keep canceling it. Trying the link for more info and the page is 404.
Edit: Sorry no screen shot. I didn't think to grab one. Just look at the date of this post. Are you seeing similar behavior? I just don't want to blindly let something install without knowing what is going on. I also don't want to Bork something by letting the phone do stuff automatically. It could "fix" something I don't want to be fixed and block something I don't want blocked. Knowing Samsung, it would fix something that cannot be rolled back once applied.
Edit 2: Just did a twrp nandroid backup, just in case. I don't know if the update does anything to hardware yet, but I have the software side backed up.
What rom are you running? What baseband? Yesterday just for kicks, I unrooted my note 3 and went to Samsung firmware got a copy of NC5, which was dated 3/31/2014. After install, I tried to get firmware updates. it came back device was up to date. Have not heard of any OTA's. Try and get a screenshot.

evilvoice
Old
Thanks Meter 243
It's a security certificate update I believe. I accepted it and my phone is fine

oscarthegrouch
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 325
Stock rooted nc5

jimzweb1
Old
Thanks Meter 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by oscarthegrouch View Post
Stock rooted nc5
Don't know what its for, it appears to be a security certificate update. I also excepted the update, it didn't have any adverse effect on my note 3. Still rooted, working great !!!