Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Difference in charging speed with different chargers?

OP k1ckdapro

1st October 2013, 10:31 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6

120 posts
More
Hi,

I was wondering if using a 2A charger with a normal Micro USB cable will charge my Note 3 as fast as the same charger with a Micro USB 3.0 cable?

Considering that USB 3.0 only delivers a higher output compared to 2.0 when plugged into a PC, I guess it makes no difference when using wall chargers?

Am I right ?

Thanks in advance,

Ben
1st October 2013, 10:50 PM   |  #2  
Flag West Midlands - UK
Thanks Meter: 116

368 posts
More
USB from a PC will always be less than a dedicated charger whether it is usb 2 or 3. A 2 amp charger is what I use but also pay attention to the lead as some are far better at handling higher currents than others as I found out trying various leads whilst running the app at https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ng+current+apk

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 4
The Following User Says Thank You to htc6500uk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th May 2014, 11:08 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 771

1,308 posts
The phone detects if you are using a wall or usb charger, the second is considerably slower. Some usb chargers cheat to seem wall chargers so charges much faster.
31st May 2014, 06:12 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 4

34 posts
What if I use a micro USB cable that is attached to a wall adapter plug, will it still charge fast on note 3?
2nd June 2014, 08:58 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 13

151 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine1604

What if I use a micro USB cable that is attached to a wall adapter plug, will it still charge fast on note 3?

Charging is not depend on USB 3.0 or 2.0, it acts differently only while transferring data. Otehrwise for charging both works similar.

The stock wall adapter has 2Amp output and Iíve a power bank with same output and the Power Bank provided with a short USB 2.0 cable and with both it takes same time to full charge. So no issues with the cable.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread