Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,298 Members 43,009 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Difference in charging speed with different chargers?

Tip us?

k1ckdapro
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default Difference in charging speed with different chargers?

Hi,

I was wondering if using a 2A charger with a normal Micro USB cable will charge my Note 3 as fast as the same charger with a Micro USB 3.0 cable?

Considering that USB 3.0 only delivers a higher output compared to 2.0 when plugged into a PC, I guess it makes no difference when using wall chargers?

Am I right ?

Thanks in advance,

Ben
Current: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Black

History:
HTC One
HTC 8X
Samsung Galaxy S3
Samsung Galaxy Note
Samsung Galaxy S2
iPhone 4
iPhone 3G
HTC Touch
HTC S710
Nokia N70
Nokia 3310!

htc6500uk
Old
Thanks Meter 114
USB from a PC will always be less than a dedicated charger whether it is usb 2 or 3. A 2 amp charger is what I use but also pay attention to the lead as some are far better at handling higher currents than others as I found out trying various leads whilst running the app at https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ng+current+apk

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 4
The Following User Says Thank You to htc6500uk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

scandiun
Old
Thanks Meter 751
The phone detects if you are using a wall or usb charger, the second is considerably slower. Some usb chargers cheat to seem wall chargers so charges much faster.

Divine1604
Old
Thanks Meter 1
What if I use a micro USB cable that is attached to a wall adapter plug, will it still charge fast on note 3?

soumen.sam
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine1604 View Post
What if I use a micro USB cable that is attached to a wall adapter plug, will it still charge fast on note 3?
Charging is not depend on USB 3.0 or 2.0, it acts differently only while transferring data. Otehrwise for charging both works similar.

The stock wall adapter has 2Amp output and Iíve a power bank with same output and the Power Bank provided with a short USB 2.0 cable and with both it takes same time to full charge. So no issues with the cable.
Samsung Note 3: N9000 KitKat 4.4.2

MacSyn InfoTech www.macsyn.com