Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,248 Members 37,762 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] no 4g lte on Verizon s4 with metro pcs/tmobile

Tip us?

scancel86
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] no 4g lte on Verizon s4 with metro pcs/tmobile

hey guys im a newbie with this so if anyone can help me out i would gratefully appreciate it. I just got a verizon s4 and im trying to get 4g lte . its complete stock factory settings . when i first put it on i saw the 4g lte sign then i messed with it and switched it to gsm mode and all i can get is h+ and the h icon. I tryed putting it back to global but still nothing i get no data on global .currently using gsm mode and im only seeing 2 bars of reception most of the time . the speeds are from 0.72 mbps to 4.0 download and same for upload ping at 601 ms not fast at all very disappointing . so if someone can please help me out i would really be thankful . also im using metro pcs which is basically merged with tmobile

k1mu
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,551

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by scancel86 View Post
hey guys im a newbie with this so if anyone can help me out i would gratefully appreciate it. I just got a verizon s4 and im trying to get 4g lte . its complete stock factory settings . when i first put it on i saw the 4g lte sign then i messed with it and switched it to gsm mode and all i can get is h+ and the h icon. I tryed putting it back to global but still nothing i get no data on global .currently using gsm mode and im only seeing 2 bars of reception most of the time . the speeds are from 0.72 mbps to 4.0 download and same for upload ping at 601 ms not fast at all very disappointing . so if someone can please help me out i would really be thankful . also im using metro pcs which is basically merged with tmobile
What baseband and modem revision are you running?
It sounds like the area that you're in just doesn't have good coverage in the bands that the Verizon GS4 covers. If you have an AWS-capable modem, it might get you better coverage (if T-mobile has AWS, that is.). But in the end, you bought a Verizon phone. Using it on other carriers is always going to be spotty.
My Android devices:
vzw Samsung Galaxy S4 stock NC5 rooted
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, also stock but rooted.

VZ Droid Incredible 2 rooted but otherwise stock.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

scancel86
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1mu View Post
It sounds like the area that you're in just doesn't have good coverage in the bands that the Verizon GS4 covers. If you have an AWS-capable modem, it might get you better coverage (if T-mobile has AWS, that is.). But in the end, you bought a Verizon phone. Using it on other carriers is always going to be spotty.
ok the baseband is i545vreumk2 and modem revison where would i find that ? I know its all be reset to original settings as i wiped it out when i bought it . so if there is anyway i can root it so i can get the 4g lte that would be cool if u can show me how .There are others here receiving full 4g lte with tmobile speeds 15 to 22 so i know its possible .

scancel86
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1mu View Post
also its not the area because i recently switchted from att note 2 and always had 4 g lte

decaturbob
Old
Thanks Meter 814
Quote:
ok the baseband is i545vreumk2 and modem revison where would i find that ? I know its all be reset to original settings as i wiped it out when i bought it . so if there is anyway i can root it so i can get the 4g lte that would be cool if u can show me how .There are others here receiving full 4g lte with tmobile speeds 15 to 22 so i know its possible .
get "phone info app" from playstore and run
so long Verizon and my awesome S4 , hello TMO G3

critter112280
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:

U. U could try changing your sales code .date file from vws to aws in /system/csc and then in your network settings switch to wcdma mode it worked for me on cricket it also depends on witch area u r in

bryantjopplin
Old
Thanks Meter 289
Android terminal emulator and run

getprop|grep bootloader

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

scancel86
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantjopplin View Post
Android terminal emulator and run

getprop|grep bootloader

Can you explain further I don't understand how to go about that?

bryantjopplin
Old
Thanks Meter 289
Quote:
Can you explain further I don't understand how to go about that?
That will tell you your bootloader. Terminal emulator app from play store.

scancel86
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantjopplin View Post
That will tell you your bootloader. Terminal emulator app from play store.

Ok I got the terminal emulator now what do I do