Kirin: A Processor the Western World Should Look Out For

The post Kirin: A Processor the Western World Should Look Out For appeared first on … more

Generate Your Theme with J Theme Transmogrifier

more

Android 5.0.1 RUU For Verizon HTC One M8

more

TapDeck Beta: Smart Wallpaper Discovery

more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Question Playstation 4 Controller with Z2

5th May 2014, 08:45 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2008
More
Hi,

has someone managed to connect the Playstation 4 Controller with the Z2 ?
Is it possible and which games are supported?

Thanks
6th May 2014, 04:36 PM   |  #2  
userg2x's Avatar
Member
Flag McAllen, TX
Thanks Meter: 5
 
41 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltdown1982

Hi,

has someone managed to connect the Playstation 4 Controller with the Z2 ?
Is it possible and which games are supported?

Thanks

I'm eager to try this, my phone is on its way to its new home, so as soon as it arrives I will check it with my PS3 and PS4 controllers. PS3 controller works like a charm on the Xperia tablet with no additional drivers, it is plug n play!

As for the supported games, I'm thinking that maybe all or most of the games on the Playstation mobile store are compatible, other that than I don't know. Cheers.
7th May 2014, 01:22 PM   |  #3  
ronak47's Avatar
Senior Member
London
Thanks Meter: 53
 
617 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
I can confirm that they do work together.

All you need to do is hold the share and home (PS) button together until the lightbar on the pad starts to flash, once done you just need to pair it via Bluetooth.

Let me know if you need any further help.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to ronak47 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th May 2014, 07:36 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2008
More
So I connected my PS 4 controller with my Z2.
The setup was very easy.
But when I use it with games it's reaction is bad. So when I push a button it takes a while till something happens in the game.

Any ideas?

Thx!

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app
13th May 2014, 03:30 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2008
More
Input Lag
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltdown1982

So I connected my PS 4 controller with my Z2.
The setup was very easy.
But when I use it with games it's reaction is bad. So when I push a button it takes a while till something happens in the game.

Any ideas?

Thx!

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app

I wrote today Sony Support about the input lag of the controller.
They replied that "The Playstation 4 Controller is not supported"

Awesome news !

Maybe someone fixed the input lag issue of you guys?
13th May 2014, 08:43 PM   |  #6  
HussainQ's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 134
 
691 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltdown1982

I wrote today Sony Support about the input lag of the controller.
They replied that "The Playstation 4 Controller is not supported"

Awesome news !

Maybe someone fixed the input lag issue of you guys?

It's coming soon. I saw it in an ad somewhere (Xperia Z2 running a game with PS4 controller in the background).
2nd September 2014, 02:48 PM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 31
 
728 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2003
More
Z2 smartphone got already several firmware updates from Sony since the last post on this thread.
Did anyone try to connect the dualshock 4 to Z2 again? and see if it is working perfectly now?
2nd September 2014, 11:09 PM   |  #8  
defsix's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 74
 
422 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaa

Z2 smartphone got already several firmware updates from Sony since the last post on this thread.
Did anyone try to connect the dualshock 4 to Z2 again? and see if it is working perfectly now?

Hi, on 314 and my dualshock works perfectly !
3rd September 2014, 08:56 AM   |  #9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 31
 
728 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2003
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by defsix

Hi, on 314 and my dualshock works perfectly !

Dualshock 4? Really? No lagging whatsoever?
3rd September 2014, 11:13 AM   |  #10  
defsix's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 74
 
422 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaa

Dualshock 4? Really? No lagging whatsoever?

Sorry to get you excited. I never read the 4 bit. Im using Dualshock 3... Sorry.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes