AOSP 5.1 ROM Compiled for the Moto E

It’s been a few weeks since the release of Android 5.1 and XDA Senior Member percy_g2 has … more

CutCalc: A Calculator for Mechanical Engineers

Mechanical and mechatronics engineers may want a handy app to calculate data for … more

Google Play Music Customizations – XDA Xposed Tuesday

If Cyanogen Inc. has its way, you won’t be forced into the Google … more

Sony Xperia Z3 Lollipop Framework Ported to CM12

Android 5.0 for Xperia has a unique look and feel. You don’t have to get a Sony … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[APP][MOD][Updated 2/12] Classic HTC Dial Pad - for Light & Dark themed Sense ROMs

13th June 2014, 02:50 AM |#1  
OP Recognized Themer
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 3,900

2,404 posts
Donate to Me
More
Classic Dial Pad
for Light and Dark/Inverted Sense 6 ROMs

This app mod is a layout redesign of the Large Dial Pad included in the Sense 6 dialer. The larger dialer is kind of hideous IMO and with a screen as big as ours, really not necessary, however, it DOES have its benefits. Namely the scrollable recent dialed/contact list. So, with this in mind, I have redesigned the layout for the large dialer to match the standard dialer but still allow for the scrollable contact list.

What's the point:
The standard sense 6 dial pad provides only one call back option in the "recently called" field above the dialer. This, of course, is the last dialed number.

In earlier versions of sense (eg sense 4) the contact field allowed for a selection from a list of multiple contacts as well as recently dialed numbers, as opposed to being limited to simply the last dialed number.

So what have you done:
I have redone the layout for the large dialer so that it now matches the standard dialer, while leaving the scrollable contact list in the recently dialed field. This list combines not only recently dialed numbers but your full contact list into one dynamic scrollable list directly in the dialer.

Will I lose anything:
Yes, you will no longer have the "Large dial pad" as an option as that layout has been completely replaced within the apk.

How can I use this:
Copy the apk to /system/priv-app/HtcContactsDialer/ and make sure permissions are set correctly, reboot and enjoy.

So how do I apply the Classic dialer:
I have replaced the large dial pad option entirely within the apk.

To apply the classic dialer simply open the settings menu within the app and select "Classic dial pad." To switch back, simply open the settings menu again and select a "Standard dial pad."

What does it look like:

- Standard Dial Pad:

- Classic Dial Pad:

Where can I get it:

HERE
*Updated 2/12 - Support for Android 5.0.1 ROMs

Where can I get a version for inverted themes:

COMING SOON

Where can I download older versions of this mod:

4.4.3 Compatibility LIGHT - HERE

4.4.3 Compatibility DARK - HERE

4.4.2 Compatibility LIGHT - HERE

4.4.2 Compatibility DARK - HERE

Thanks to:

@Basil3 for dark dialer
@Sneakyghost for testing and German translation
@rustykwak for testing

**NOTE**
All language translations show "Classic dial pad" for the layout option. If anyone wants to help with other translations that's more than welcome. I only speak English.
Last edited by Behold_this; 13th February 2015 at 05:10 AM.
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Behold_this For This Useful Post: [ View ]

13th June 2014, 08:45 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 12

177 posts
More
It is not working on on ViperOneM8 1.6
13th June 2014, 11:00 AM |#3  
OP Recognized Themer
Flag Las Vegas

2,404 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by evrycard

Lol, Yes it absolutely does. It was designed and tested specifically with Viper in mind. I'm using it on Viper now and its been confirmed working several times in the Viper thread, including working on cdma variants (eg Verizon/Sprint). In fact, ViperOneM8 1.60 is exactly where the screenshots in the OP come from.

You did not install/push it properly. This is not to be installed as a normal apk. You need to follow the directions in the OP and copy and paste it or ADB push it to /system/priv-app to overwrite the original one properly and always make sure permissions are set correctly.
Last edited by Behold_this; 13th June 2014 at 11:18 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Behold_this For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th June 2014, 03:29 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 12

177 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behold_this

Lol, Yes it absolutely does. It was designed and tested specifically with Viper in mind. I'm using it on Viper now and its been confirmed working several times in the Viper thread, including working on cdma variants (eg Verizon/Sprint). In fact, ViperOneM8 1.60 is exactly where the screenshots in the OP come from.

You did not install/push it properly. This is not to be installed as a normal apk. You need to follow the directions in the OP and copy and paste it or ADB push it to /system/priv-app to overwrite the original one properly and always make sure permissions are set correctly.

I push it into /system/priv-app
Rebooted
It gave me "contact has stopped working"
What permission should it be set on?

GOT IT!!!
Permission set to rw-r-r
Last edited by evrycard; 13th June 2014 at 03:51 PM.
13th June 2014, 03:44 PM |#5  
OP Recognized Themer
Flag Las Vegas

2,404 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I push it into /system/priv-app
Rebooted
It gave me "contact has stopped working"
What permission should it be set on?

rw- r-- r--
The Following User Says Thank You to Behold_this For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th June 2014, 03:51 PM |#6  
Flag Birmingham
Thanks Meter: 468

1,003 posts
More
Quote:

I can confirm this works perfectly on ViperOneM8 I tested this on the current 1.6.0!
make sure the permissions are set correctly!
The Following User Says Thank You to rustykwak For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th June 2014, 03:53 PM |#7  
OP Recognized Themer
Flag Las Vegas

2,404 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

GOT IT!!!
Permission set to rw-r-r

Meaning its working as normal for you now?
Last edited by Behold_this; 13th June 2014 at 04:19 PM.
13th June 2014, 03:55 PM |#8  
OP Recognized Themer
Flag Las Vegas

2,404 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustykwak

I can confirm this works perfectly on ViperOneM8 I tested this on the current 1.6.0!
make sure the permissions are set correctly!

Thanks for providing another confirmation Rusty! I know it helps to have confirmation from someone other than the OP.
13th June 2014, 05:16 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 371

1,094 posts
More
Could you perhaps also do a black version that fits to the AOSP Theme by @ViNOK16Bit ?
13th June 2014, 05:26 PM |#10  
OP Recognized Themer
Flag Las Vegas

2,404 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorty1483

Could you perhaps also do a black version that fits to the AOSP Theme by @ViNOK16Bit ?

I can look into it.

Or

Perhaps @ViNOK16Bit would want to incorporate this into his theme or make it a option when installing it. He is more than welcome to do that. That would be best for users like you since he could then keep it up-to-date with his theme.
Last edited by Behold_this; 13th June 2014 at 05:38 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Behold_this For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread