[ROM] Evervolv | 4.0.0p1 [AOSP 4.4.4] [3.4 kernel] [Nightlies] With /data/media

OP flintman

7th January 2014, 05:03 PM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag MASS
Thanks Meter: 1,880

584 posts
For those that don't know what evervolv is, Evervolv is an AOSP (Android Open Source Project) rom. We're fully open sourced and encourage it with no restrictions. The work put into this rom is community driven and and Evervolv Project is made up of numerous members and contributors.

Right now the current source we are working on is KITKAT(Android 4.4.4).

Current version: 4.0.0p1

Current Items not working/Buggy
Quote:

Updated 4-4-14

• Bluetooth working --Still a WIP as some devices don't connect
  • Camera working --Still a WIP as the camcorder records in blue and a few minor issues
  • home key doesn't turn device on need to use power button--FIXED in the next nightly should be 4-5-2014
  • Battery draw around 50mA in sleep
  • Some experience SOD when hotword detect is active
  • Location service has stopped with Googles update looking into now
You tell me what you find.
4G Models are not currently supported

Quote:

Evervolv Github: https://github.com/Evervolv

Evervolv Gerrit: http://review.evervolv.com/

Evervolv website: http://www.evervolv.com/
(New Site is up Check it out)

Evervolv Bug Tracker: http://bugs.evervolv.com/
(Please have discretion when reporting issues, and be descriptive / helpful. Also understand that we'll have some growing pains with this. So don't expect everything to be perfect.)

Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/wbellavance

IRC: #evervolv

Quote:

[GPL Compliance]
Kernel Source

Quote:

[Download]
If you already have evervolv installed you should see this build under testing if you refresh and can download that way.

Nightlies

ev_tenderloin-testing-2014.05.02.zip -> Some updates to video and misc updates

FLINTMAN-TWRP-touch-data_media-SELINUX-2.7.1.0-6-7-2014.zip
--This is a flashing TWRP recovery with data/media and SELINUX support. I have tested 100% of the features and everything is working great as far as i can tell. Soo
with that being said. Use at your own risk 8). Make sure you save a backup from your current recovery just in case. BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP
--Broke Vibration as i updated kernel.

Netflix 1.8.1 -- Don't upgrade Netflix to the latest if you did download here and downgrade and uncheck auto update in the Play Store this is temp until I figure out what changed again.

NOTE: Recommend a clean install if moving from a previous version and or another ROM.

Flashing from cm or any other ROM will require a clean install, dirty flashes can cause random reboots and random errors

Quote:

[Disclaimer]
I am not responsible for bricked devices, lost data, etc, etc. You all know the drill. BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP

Quote:

[Special Thanks]
i would like to thank Flemmard, Jcsullins, Dorregaray, Invisiblek, Milaq, and anyone else that helped to make this happen. More great work to come.
Mitchbaria --for a 4g model to start in on this
Colchiro-- For a spare Touchpad WIFI to be able to test on one and develop at the same time

Last edited by flintman; 20th June 2014 at 10:21 AM.
The Following 35 Users Say Thank You to flintman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th January 2014, 05:04 PM   |  #2  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag MASS

584 posts
GAPPS
---These are the gapps i use. You should be able to use any that are KitKat compatible
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2397942

Grabbing logcats and dmesg along with last_klog.
These are helpful in figuring out what is going on

Install the sdk in you PC http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html

Logcat
"adb shell logcat >logcat.txt"
This will run until unplugged or ctrl c and all the content will go into that file

dmesg
"adb shell cat proc/kmsg >dmesg.txt"
This will run until unplugged or ctrl c and all the content will go into that file

Last_klog
"adb shell cat proc/last_klog >lastklog.txt"
This is for if you have a reboot run this right after the device starts back up and it will get me the last dmesg from before it reboot and will help determine the cause of the reboot.

This will help me and everyone that uses this ROM as i can determine the cause of issues.

Thanks
Last edited by flintman; 31st March 2014 at 10:09 AM.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to flintman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th January 2014, 05:21 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 950

520 posts
Donate to Me
Thumbs up
Thank you for the continued HP Touchpad Development and support Flintman.

Cheers

Touchpad Toolbox By Jcsullins

[ROM GUIDE]How to use the TouchPad Toolbox to install Android "The Super Easy Way"

[GAPPS][4.4.x/4.3.x] OFFICIAL 0-Day PA-GOOGLE APPS (Use Mini or Micro packages)
Last edited by RolandDeschain79; 9th June 2014 at 05:12 AM.
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to RolandDeschain79 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th January 2014, 12:18 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 72

173 posts
Thanks to both of you. For the roms and the video walk thru. I haven't tried art on the touchpad because it actually makes my Galaxy Nexus slower most of the time. And with some gapps it's even worse. Since it isn't listed as broken I am assuming you have tried it. If I may ask. What gapps did you use and what was performance like? It prevented my nexus from booting at times. Just wanna stick with what you have tried until I get use to the new data media and such. Thanks again.
8th January 2014, 12:41 AM   |  #5  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag MASS

584 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody66

Thanks to both of you. For the roms and the video walk thru. I haven't tried art on the touchpad because it actually makes my Galaxy Nexus slower most of the time. And with some gapps it's even worse. Since it isn't listed as broken I am assuming you have tried it. If I may ask. What gapps did you use and what was performance like? It prevented my nexus from booting at times. Just wanna stick with what you have tried until I get use to the new data media and such. Thanks again.

I haven't tested as its still a wip from Google. I do have it as broken in the op. But good to know that it boots 8)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to flintman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th January 2014, 06:03 PM   |  #6  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag MASS

584 posts
Added another build see OP for what was changed. I also adding in a touch recovery TWRP with data/media and SELINUX support. This will also allow you access to your webOS media folder which is know in the new build as external_sd. I have tested out all the features and everything is working great but please save a full backup from your previous recovery if you decide to use this recovery as it's still in an Alpha state.

Enjoy
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to flintman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th January 2014, 10:22 PM   |  #7  
Flag Perpignan
Thanks Meter: 4

36 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flintman

Added another build see OP for what was changed. I also adding in a touch recovery TWRP with data/media and SELINUX support. This will also allow you access to your webOS media folder which is know in the new build as external_sd. I have tested out all the features and everything is working great but please save a full backup from your previous recovery if you decide to use this recovery as it's still in an Alpha state.

Enjoy

Thanks a lot for this amazing ROM and the recovery I had few bug with the reboot ... The recovery freezed and i have to manually reboot to unfreeze it ... A part from that great job Can't wait to see what you are going to bring next
And just one little request ... I love having the clock center on the status bar ... Do you think you can add it to the Evervolv project ? That's would be a great feature
11th January 2014, 12:57 AM   |  #8  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag MASS

584 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyok0ne

Thanks a lot for this amazing ROM and the recovery I had few bug with the reboot ... The recovery freezed and i have to manually reboot to unfreeze it ... A part from that great job Can't wait to see what you are going to bring next
And just one little request ... I love having the clock center on the status bar ... Do you think you can add it to the Evervolv project ? That's would be a great feature

I have flashed with this recovery about 20 times now and only got the reboot to hang once. I'm looking into it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flintman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th January 2014, 02:17 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 4

25 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyok0ne

install xposed + gravitybox. it works like a charm and has this feature and many others.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Last edited by groo_pcd; 11th January 2014 at 05:15 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to groo_pcd For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th January 2014, 07:10 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 2

32 posts
More
Okay, I am doing something wrong. I have downloaded the recovery multiple times from multiple devices. I have tried installing via TWRP and manually extracting the image to /boot.

Each attempt, I get:
Checking uImage... Invalid Size

BOOT FAILED!

Please SELECT to continue

Any thoughts? I can still load my backup copy of TWRP without issue.

Update:
After purging the other copies of TWRP from /boot, the new version loads without issue. Thanks flintman!
Last edited by kenmaples; 13th January 2014 at 06:57 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread