Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,985 Members 54,019 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] Evervolv | 4.0.0p1 [AOSP 4.4.2] [3.4 kernel] [TEST][Non-Data/Media]

Tip us?

flintman
Old
(Last edited by flintman; 3rd May 2014 at 03:34 PM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 1845
Default [ROM] Evervolv | 4.0.0p1 [AOSP 4.4.2] [3.4 kernel] [TEST][Non-Data/Media]

For those that don't know what evervolv is, Evervolv is an AOSP (Android Open Source Project) rom. We're fully open sourced and encourage it with no restrictions. The work put into this rom is community driven and and Evervolv Project is made up of numerous members and contributors.

Right now the current source we are working on is KITKAT(Android 4.4).

Current version: 4.0.0p1

Current Items not working/Buggy
Quote:

Updated 4-4-14
  • No Bluetooth ** FIXED WIP but a majority of items work
  • Camera ** FIXED WIP camcorder recordes with a blue tint
  • Battery draw around 50mA in sleep

You tell me what you find.
Quote:
Evervolv Github: https://github.com/Evervolv

Evervolv Gerrit: http://review.evervolv.com/

Evervolv website: http://www.evervolv.com/
(New Site is up Check it out)

Evervolv Bug Tracker: http://bugs.evervolv.com/
(Please have discretion when reporting issues, and be descriptive / helpful. Also understand that we'll have some growing pains with this. So don't expect everything to be perfect.)

Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/wbellavance

IRC: #evervolv
Quote:
[GPL Compliance]
Kernel Source
Quote:
[Download]
If you already have evervolv installed you should see this build under testing if you refresh and can download that way.
05-03-2014 Test Build
-- Updates that were in the data/media build since 4-24-204 plus a few more misc fixes.

04-21-2014 Test Build
--some audio fixes for the random SOD along with adding in OTG its not 100% but working well with USB stick, keyboard, and mouse. Activate OTG before plugging in device.

Netflix 1.8.1 -- Don't upgrade Netflix to the latest if you did download here and downgrade and uncheck auto update in the Play Store this is temp until I figure out what changed again.

GAPPS
---These are the gapps i use. You should be able to use any that are KitKat compatible
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2397942
NOTE: Recommend a clean install if moving from a previous version and or another ROM.

Flashing from cm or any other ROM will require a clean install, dirty flashes can cause random reboots and random errors

Quote:

[Disclaimer]
I am not responsible for bricked devices, lost data, etc, etc. You all know the drill.
Quote:

[Special Thanks]
i would like to thank Flemmard, Jcsullins, Dorregaray, Invisiblek, Milaq, and anyone else that helped to make this happen. More great work to come.
The Following 47 Users Say Thank You to flintman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

flintman
Old
Thanks Meter 1845
Reserved
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to flintman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dplane
Old
Thanks Meter 157
Awesome thx flint man! Any changes from the Nov 10 test build?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LG G2 (vzw) Rooted Stock w Xposed and G2 Module
HTC Droid DNA-S-Off Moonshined - [something 4.2.2 based..]
HP TouchPad [ROM] Evervolv | 3.3.0p1 [AOSP 4.3]
Kindle Fire HDX 7in (stock...for now)

jerryatherton
Old
Thanks Meter 191
Way to go Flintman, this is great!

Sent from my Touchpad using XDA Premium HD app
JERRYA
Tablet: LENOVA K1 CM10.1 by KASCHEMME.
HP TOUCHPAD KK 4.4 AOSP ,EVERVOLV by FLINTMAN
HP TOUCHPAD CM 11 KK 4.4 by MILAQ or INVISIBLEK
Phone: HTC DNA MOONSHINED
HTC, M8VZW

flintman
Old
Thanks Meter 1845
Quote:
Originally Posted by flintman View Post
Reserved
Minor for now

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to flintman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

theechap
Old
Thanks Meter 8
You might want to change the 2nd line down in the OP to KitKat 4.4 and not Jellybean.
The Following User Says Thank You to theechap For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

viny2cool
Old
Thanks Meter 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by theechap View Post
You might want to change the 2nd line down in the OP to KitKat 4.4 and not Jellybean.
I am using Nexus 5 and was wondering if TP will get Kitkat or not...this is awesome....will flash tonight
Nexus 5
ATT Samsung Galaxy S III (Backup phone)
HP Touchpad: CM10.1

flintman
Old
Thanks Meter 1845
Anyone that had lost data can you give me some information. Which acmeinstaller version did you use? Are you still on the smaller partition or did you upgrade? Im still on the i believe it's 400mb system part and haven't upgraded to the larger partition and still yet to loose data. It also could be the way kitkat mounts the partition now. After the inital loose of data did you experience it again? I'm trying to boil this down and having issues pinpoint it as i have yet to loose anything. The more information I can gather the quicker i can fix this issue. Thanks all for testing and helping me out getting this great device updated to the latest OS.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to flintman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Nathanation
Old
Thanks Meter 72
Thanks for this ROM - I have standard partition size and CWM and had no data loss, clean installed. Running well ☺

Sent from my Touchpad using Tapatalk

NEXUS 4 rooted Stock 4.3, Franco kernel.
HP TOUCHPAD 32gb CM10.1
HTC EVO 3D GSM 32gb Stock ICS (dead digitizer)

The Following User Says Thank You to Nathanation For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

theechap
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I tested it briefly and came from datamedia build of 10.2. I did system wipe and install using milaq's datamedia version of CWM. I had no major problems with the install and no lost media as far as I know. Looking forward to testing it again, when it gets a little more stable.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to theechap For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]