Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,281 Members 51,532 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] **RESOLVED** How to get AT&T Visual Voicemail to work on Unlocked T-Mobile

Tip us?

chrispyutec
Old
(Last edited by chrispyutec; 4th June 2014 at 05:42 PM.) Reason: Problem Resolved
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
Default [Q] **RESOLVED** How to get AT&T Visual Voicemail to work on Unlocked T-Mobile

Anyone know of a trick to getting AT&T Visual Voicemail to work on Unlocked T-Mobile? The app will install, but not connect during setup process.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

****EDIT*** It turns out that is was an AT&T issue when they provisioned my SIMS for LTE they didn't setup my email.

Thanks everyone for the help!
Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.

Current Phones: Note 3, S4, AT&T S5, TMO S5, & LG G2 . Yes, I'm a phone junkie because I switch between all of my phones and never let them totally die.

Phones sitting on standby in a drawer: iCrap5, iCrap4, Note 1, SGS2, HTC Vivid, Note 2, S3, LG G Pro

My one and only tablet....The awesome Galaxy note 10.1

slimc84
Old
Thanks Meter 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispyutec View Post
Anyone know of a trick to getting AT&T Visual Voicemail to work on Unlocked T-Mobile? The app will install, but not connect during setup process.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.
I have it working just fine. I downloaded the app from the app store and opened it up. After opening the app, I was prompted to dial my voicemail. Then entered my password. I had no new messages so I closed it out and then was prompted to enter my voicemail password in visual voicemail. Haven't had any issues. I am using an international ROM as well
Device:Verizon LG G3 (White) - ROOTED
ROM: Stock
Kernel: Stock
Recovery: Stock

Device: AT&T Samung Galaxy S5 Active - ROOTED!
If I have helped you out, please hit the thanks button.
The Following User Says Thank You to slimc84 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chrispyutec
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimc84 View Post
I have it working just fine. I downloaded the app from the app store and opened it up. After opening the app, I was prompted to dial my voicemail. Then entered my password. I had no new messages so I closed it out and then was prompted to enter my voicemail password in visual voicemail. Haven't had any issues. I am using an international ROM as well
Wonder why I'm having a problem. I'm running Alliance rom from the international thread. It ask me to enter the 10 digit mail box number of the person I'm trying to reach and when I enter my phone number it says sorry can't find the mail box. A third party app works so I'm wondering if my problem might be carrier related.

Thank you for your response.

Current Phones: Note 3, S4, AT&T S5, TMO S5, & LG G2 . Yes, I'm a phone junkie because I switch between all of my phones and never let them totally die.

Phones sitting on standby in a drawer: iCrap5, iCrap4, Note 1, SGS2, HTC Vivid, Note 2, S3, LG G Pro

slimc84
Old
Thanks Meter 352
Quote:
Wonder why I'm having a problem. I'm running Alliance rom from the international thread. It ask me to enter the 10 digit mail box number of the person I'm trying to reach and when I enter my phone number it says sorry can't find the mail box. A third party app works so I'm wondering if my problem might be carrier related.

Thank you for your response.
Which version of Alliance are you using? I'm using V3.1 and haven't had any issues.

chrispyutec
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Which version of Alliance are you using? I'm using V3.1 and haven't had any issues.
i'M ON 3.1 I think it's carrier related because it does the same on other roms. Plus I had to get AT&T to provision my sim card for LTE. I'm sure they screwed something up.

slimc84
Old
Thanks Meter 352
Quote:
i'M ON 3.1 I think it's carrier related because it does the same on other roms. Plus I had to get AT&T to provision my sim card for LTE. I'm sure they screwed something up.
That's odd. I didn't have to do any of that. I purchased my phone from T-Mobile, SIM unlock through Cellunlocker.net, changed my APN settings and I was good to go. It shouldn't make a difference as I am using an unlocked T-Mobile variant and my VVM is working fine. Send me a PM around 7PM EST or so and I can see if I can get it working for you.

The Following User Says Thank You to slimc84 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chrispyutec
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
That's odd. I didn't have to do any of that. I purchased my phone from T-Mobile, SIM unlock through Cellunlocker.net, changed my APN settings and I was good to go. It shouldn't make a difference as I am using an unlocked T-Mobile variant and my VVM is working fine. Send me a PM around 7PM EST or so and I can see if I can get it working for you.
I'm using SIM unlocked T-Mobile on AT&T. I have my APN set just like my wife's AT&T S5.

chrispyutec
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Problem solved. It was AT&T that had something screwed up. I want to thank you so much for trying to help and offering the PM for additional direct help. People like you what makes XDA as awesome as it is!!! I hit your thanks button.

slimc84
Old
Thanks Meter 352
Quote:
Problem solved. It was AT&T that had something screwed up. I want to thank you so much for trying to help and offering the PM for additional direct help. People like you what makes XDA as awesome as it is!!! I hit your thanks button.
I'm glad that you got it taken care of. I know how frustrating it can be for a phone not to function as intended.