Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] **RESOLVED** How to get AT&T Visual Voicemail to work on Unlocked T-Mobile

OP chrispyutec

2nd June 2014, 08:35 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tyler, Texas
Thanks Meter: 71

293 posts
More
Anyone know of a trick to getting AT&T Visual Voicemail to work on Unlocked T-Mobile? The app will install, but not connect during setup process.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

****EDIT*** It turns out that is was an AT&T issue when they provisioned my SIMS for LTE they didn't setup my email.

Thanks everyone for the help!
Last edited by chrispyutec; 4th June 2014 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Problem Resolved
3rd June 2014, 01:43 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 354

968 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispyutec

Anyone know of a trick to getting AT&T Visual Voicemail to work on Unlocked T-Mobile? The app will install, but not connect during setup process.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

I have it working just fine. I downloaded the app from the app store and opened it up. After opening the app, I was prompted to dial my voicemail. Then entered my password. I had no new messages so I closed it out and then was prompted to enter my voicemail password in visual voicemail. Haven't had any issues. I am using an international ROM as well
The Following User Says Thank You to slimc84 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd June 2014, 02:42 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tyler, Texas

293 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimc84

I have it working just fine. I downloaded the app from the app store and opened it up. After opening the app, I was prompted to dial my voicemail. Then entered my password. I had no new messages so I closed it out and then was prompted to enter my voicemail password in visual voicemail. Haven't had any issues. I am using an international ROM as well

Wonder why I'm having a problem. I'm running Alliance rom from the international thread. It ask me to enter the 10 digit mail box number of the person I'm trying to reach and when I enter my phone number it says sorry can't find the mail box. A third party app works so I'm wondering if my problem might be carrier related.

Thank you for your response.
3rd June 2014, 06:44 PM   |  #4  

968 posts
More
Quote:

Wonder why I'm having a problem. I'm running Alliance rom from the international thread. It ask me to enter the 10 digit mail box number of the person I'm trying to reach and when I enter my phone number it says sorry can't find the mail box. A third party app works so I'm wondering if my problem might be carrier related.

Thank you for your response.

Which version of Alliance are you using? I'm using V3.1 and haven't had any issues.
3rd June 2014, 06:56 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tyler, Texas

293 posts
More
Quote:

Which version of Alliance are you using? I'm using V3.1 and haven't had any issues.

i'M ON 3.1 I think it's carrier related because it does the same on other roms. Plus I had to get AT&T to provision my sim card for LTE. I'm sure they screwed something up.
3rd June 2014, 09:33 PM   |  #6  

968 posts
More
Quote:

i'M ON 3.1 I think it's carrier related because it does the same on other roms. Plus I had to get AT&T to provision my sim card for LTE. I'm sure they screwed something up.

That's odd. I didn't have to do any of that. I purchased my phone from T-Mobile, SIM unlock through Cellunlocker.net, changed my APN settings and I was good to go. It shouldn't make a difference as I am using an unlocked T-Mobile variant and my VVM is working fine. Send me a PM around 7PM EST or so and I can see if I can get it working for you.
The Following User Says Thank You to slimc84 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd June 2014, 09:57 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tyler, Texas

293 posts
More
Quote:

That's odd. I didn't have to do any of that. I purchased my phone from T-Mobile, SIM unlock through Cellunlocker.net, changed my APN settings and I was good to go. It shouldn't make a difference as I am using an unlocked T-Mobile variant and my VVM is working fine. Send me a PM around 7PM EST or so and I can see if I can get it working for you.

I'm using SIM unlocked T-Mobile on AT&T. I have my APN set just like my wife's AT&T S5.
3rd June 2014, 10:08 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tyler, Texas

293 posts
More
Quote:

Problem solved. It was AT&T that had something screwed up. I want to thank you so much for trying to help and offering the PM for additional direct help. People like you what makes XDA as awesome as it is!!! I hit your thanks button.
4th June 2014, 12:23 AM   |  #9  

968 posts
More
Quote:

Problem solved. It was AT&T that had something screwed up. I want to thank you so much for trying to help and offering the PM for additional direct help. People like you what makes XDA as awesome as it is!!! I hit your thanks button.

I'm glad that you got it taken care of. I know how frustrating it can be for a phone not to function as intended.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread