Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Battery Life After 8.1 Update

OP stanko82

17th April 2014, 01:39 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Banja Luka
Thanks Meter: 4

41 posts
More
I am starting this thread to see how you fell about new OS and do you have significant battery life change after 8.1 update.
Mine experience is not so good, at least to say, noticable battery drain...on slight use I manage to hold about 15h on NL 920, with battery saver and disabling backgroud apps as it was on WP 8.
Tell us your experience!
The Following User Says Thank You to stanko82 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th April 2014, 04:26 PM   |  #2  
Flag Subotica
Thanks Meter: 8

98 posts
Donate to Me
More
My battery life is also gone for the worse. With very moderate usage it barely keeps 16-17hrs, anything else is killing the battery dead.
17th April 2014, 08:49 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1,692

3,680 posts
Donate to Me
More
my battery also worse but i make hard reset and do new settings manually (not restored from backup) and battery is much better
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20140417.png
Views:	637
Size:	120.6 KB
ID:	2692468  
18th April 2014, 01:21 AM   |  #4  

22 posts
Battery life sucks on 8.1

I used to only charge every 2 (two) days and even managed to get 3 full days now and again depending upon work, but now it needs charging every night before bed . I charged it last night and went to bed and woke up today and 75% charge remaining, so it used 25% power doing nothing but hiding in my pocket. It used to only use 1% or 2 % charge overnight but not now.

Other thing i noticed is background tasks config page is missing and now the calander once open stays as a runnning task in task switcher.

I know after a firmware update the battery needs a few charge cycles to sort itself out but i am about to start the 4th cycle now and its still seems to be sh1t

---------- Post added at 12:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 AM ----------

Just found background tasks again. yeehaaa

open battery saver app
swipe to usage tab and tap on the desired app to see its background settings

Yeehaa time ti kill some apps again and save some juice
Last edited by CBDSonline; 18th April 2014 at 01:23 AM. Reason: text change
18th April 2014, 07:47 PM   |  #5  
Flag grombalia
Thanks Meter: 3

75 posts
More
Battery Low
in my lumia 920 battery life is terrible after the 8.1
ie and whatsapp are sucking my battery juice as hell
18th April 2014, 09:33 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 1,692

3,680 posts
Donate to Me
More
guys, you must make hard reset and you must set all settings from fresh, not use old backup settings and dont forget block unnecessary apps in background... after this battery work much longer. this worked for me...
Last edited by dxdy; 18th April 2014 at 09:36 PM.
19th April 2014, 03:46 AM   |  #7  
Flag Dallas, TX
Thanks Meter: 9

129 posts
More
Battery Low
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxdy

guys, you must make hard reset and you must set all settings from fresh, not use old backup settings and dont forget block unnecessary apps in background... after this battery work much longer. this worked for me...

But.... but.... I just flashed the ROM two weeks ago, I don't want to have to reload everything AGAIN!!!. That said, with most of the settings synced, I'm willing to give it a go. Will report back tomorrow.
20th April 2014, 07:29 PM   |  #8  

22 posts
Smile
After a few tweaks in the background settings and an empty to full recharge everything is now back to normal. Yeehaa 2 days between charges and 1%-2% drain overnight. SWEET so no need to hard reset unless you have major problems. just sort the background apps and see how it goes
6th May 2014, 02:35 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 1

24 posts
More
Im having a nightmare after 8.1 battery drain is the least of my worries..

my phone becomes unresponsive and only a hard reset brings it back to life .

I also get the screen crash and it looks like a old tv not tuned in

but it is an early release so hopefully ms will look and fix he problems because the update is worth it
6th May 2014, 04:38 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 18

74 posts
More
Hey, I have the same problem. But not only the battery draining, the phone heats up. And I mean REALLY heats up. I gets hotter than my Laptop. Yesterday, while videocalling on skype over WIFI, the camera went dark, and 10 seconds later the picture was green. I don't mean just a completely green picture, It still showed me, but I was green. I then ended skype, opened the camera app and it was just awfully bright. With the flash off, the lights in my room out I could still see everything through the camera, but it was corny as hell. I then had to reboot the phone and everything worked again, but still. It's quite concerning, specially considering the heat.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread