Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Mobile Data not working after Root (Sprint)?

OP P Body

6th June 2014, 09:06 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
I rooted my S5 about a week ago and now my mobile data isn't working. Is there a kernel or update for this?

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA-FORUM, powered by appyet.com
6th June 2014, 09:13 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
This is the kernel I have
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-06-06-10-55-28.png
Views:	98
Size:	196.0 KB
ID:	2784362  
6th June 2014, 09:37 PM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 27
 
124 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
[/COLOR]
Quote:
Originally Posted by P Body

This is the kernel I have

That looks like the international version of the kernel. There is a specific one on the original android development of the sprint s5 forum. Use that as the international version has issue with data.


Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Free mobile app
6th June 2014, 09:42 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Which kernel do I need?
Quote:
Originally Posted by zune70

[/COLOR]

That looks like the international version of the kernel. There is a specific one on the original android development of the sprint s5 forum. Use that as the international version has issue with data.


Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Free mobile app

6th June 2014, 10:58 PM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 27
 
124 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by P Body

Which kernel do I need?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2755692
6th June 2014, 11:13 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
This is the one I have installed. When I reboot my phone it says seadroid not enforcing. Something tells me I rooted this incorrectly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zune70

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2755692

7th June 2014, 12:28 AM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 27
 
124 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by P Body

This is the one I have installed. When I reboot my phone it says seadroid not enforcing. Something tells me I rooted this incorrectly.

when i flashed this kernel mine said the same thing booting up. just wondering if you had the right kernel because the one in that thread said kernel version 1 and it was made before the 30th of may and yours says kernel version 13 and made on jun 4th.
7th June 2014, 04:57 AM   |  #8  
DistrictDigital's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Colorado
Thanks Meter: 39
 
332 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by P Body

This is the one I have installed. When I reboot my phone it says seadroid not enforcing. Something tells me I rooted this incorrectly.

You didn't. I got the same thing and I'm sure many others have as well. Did you install TWRP?

Sent from my Galaxy S5 G900P running R.D.D.T Mystery Build v1.1 using Mystery Build Stock Kernal
8th June 2014, 07:47 PM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
You hit the nail on the head! I did install the wrong kernel somehow. Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zune70

when i flashed this kernel mine said the same thing booting up. just wondering if you had the right kernel because the one in that thread said kernel version 1 and it was made before the 30th of may and yours says kernel version 13 and made on jun 4th.


Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes