Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,375 Members 45,305 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APK][Ver. 1.4![4.0+]Smart Pocket Guard - New features! New languages! Bug fixes!

Tip us?

helmanss
Old
(Last edited by helmanss; 17th April 2014 at 10:01 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 201

DONATE TO ME
Phone [APK][Ver. 1.4![4.0+]Smart Pocket Guard - New features! New languages! Bug fixes!

Hello everybody ,
I have developed my second application intended for the playstore. The app is called Smart Pocket Guard (heh kinda weird isn't it ) My first app was the Air Swiper and now I would like to present you a small handy app, which should prevent any unwanted behavior your phone may be doing in your pocket, the app will just lock the phone when it will recognize the phone is in pocket a no one is interacting with him.
I have personally been using my app for three days and I have to say it works just flawelessly almost no battery drain.
But it is on you guys, please everybody tell me if you will experience something bad or like that.
If you have any idea what to add, feel free to hesitate me via PM. Hope you are going to like it.
Have a great time everyone

Google Play link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rt.pocketguard

Also if anybody is interested and would like to help me with translating the app to his native langauage, please PM me. I'll you give credits at the end of thread.

If you would find my app helpful for you, you can support me via donating or even rate my app on playstore with nice comment. Since app is ADs free and I am a very young student who spares time developing apps for free, for everyone to download, so if you like my app then please at least leave a nice comment.

Features:
Position guard - Experimental feature which may help you to get better experience.

Screenies

Attached Files
File Type: apk PocketGuard_v1.1.apk - [Click for QR Code] (426.5 KB, 231 views)
File Type: apk PocketGuard_v1.2.apk - [Click for QR Code] (432.6 KB, 156 views)
File Type: apk PocketGuard_v1.3.apk - [Click for QR Code] (434.4 KB, 103 views)
File Type: apk PocketGuard_v1.4.apk - [Click for QR Code] (436.1 KB, 198 views)
If you like my work, consider buying me a coffee or a donut. I like coffee and donuts. Thank you.
The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to helmanss For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

helmanss
Old
(Last edited by helmanss; 17th April 2014 at 10:01 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 201

DONATE TO ME
Lightbulb Changelog

Changelog:

Version 1.2 - 16/4/2014:
-Added an option to calibrate position sensor!
-Internal bug fixes

Version 1.3 - 17/4/2014
-Internal bug fixes
-Added Italian language (Thanks to qualkano)

Version 1.4 - 17/4/2014
-Added Czech language (Thanks to me )
If you like my work, consider buying me a coffee or a donut. I like coffee and donuts. Thank you.

helmanss
Old
(Last edited by helmanss; 17th April 2014 at 06:58 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 201

DONATE TO ME
Info 2 Info

Still looking for people who would like to help translate the application. If interested please PM me.

Italian language - thanks to qualkano

balaaje
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Thumbs up waiting for this one

started using the app .review in 2-3 days

Noiz
Old
(Last edited by Noiz; 16th April 2014 at 04:44 AM.)
Thanks Meter 9
Installed on my N5 and a quick test up against a cushion with the lock screen disabled worked well. I saw the screen light up and then quickly turn off a second or two later. Will leave it installed and see how it goes for everyday use.

Great idea btw, and I like the simplicity.

Edit: Playing around with a finger over the sensor, it looks like a 3 second delay during which it's still possible to do stuff. Did you consider making the delay shorter, say a maximum of 1 second (or as near to instant as possible)? Or even user changeable?

Kiray1982
Old
Thanks Meter 622
works like a charm, thx 4 this

is it possible to disable also "Power-Button" while in Pocket?

helmanss
Old
(Last edited by helmanss; 16th April 2014 at 09:30 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 201

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by balaaje View Post
started using the app .review in 2-3 days
Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noiz View Post
Installed on my N5 and a quick test up against a cushion with the lock screen disabled worked well. I saw the screen light up and then quickly turn off a second or two later. Will leave it installed and see how it goes for everyday use.

Great idea btw, and I like the simplicity.

Edit: Playing around with a finger over the sensor, it looks like a 3 second delay during which it's still possible to do stuff. Did you consider making the delay shorter, say a maximum of 1 second (or as near to instant as possible)? Or even user changeable?
Well I was thinking of it, but I have found the actual delay the best. But I can surely make an input for changing the delay. Thank you for your comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiray1982 View Post
works like a charm, thx 4 this

is it possible to disable also "Power-Button" while in Pocket?
Thank you! I am not sure, but I will look into it.

Please everybody who has a moment, let me here a comment about the position guard.
It may be sensitive it may be not that much sensitive it varies by devices.
I have actually one solution in my head but I would like to hear how it works for you.
Include your phone model into comment as well please.
The Following User Says Thank You to helmanss For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Noiz
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by helmanss View Post
Well I was thinking of it, but I have found the actual delay the best. But I can surely make an input for changing the delay. Thank you for your comment.
No worries, thanks for making the app! I'd be interested to know how/why you came to find the 3 second delay to work best.

From half a day's use so far it's been almost been surprising to turn the phone on and not see the lock screen, but I like it! For what it's worth, it's always been exactly where I left it so far...

Quote:
Please everybody who has a moment, let me here a comment about the position guard.
It may be sensitive it may be not that much sensitive it varies by devices.
What does that feature do exactly? And does it drain any extra power having it enabled?

ewilts
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up So far, so good!

I did some quick testing on my new Galaxy S5 and so far it seems to be working just fine.

I had my S4 for ~7 months with zero accidental dials with my phone in my front pocket. I had my S5 for only a few days and had already butt-dialed my home twice (it's my In Case of Emergency number). I'm looking forward to this solving that problem.

helmanss
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 201

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewilts View Post
I did some quick testing on my new Galaxy S5 and so far it seems to be working just fine.

I had my S4 for ~7 months with zero accidental dials with my phone in my front pocket. I had my S5 for only a few days and had already butt-dialed my home twice (it's my In Case of Emergency number). I'm looking forward to this solving that problem.
Hey, happy to hear my app can solve your problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noiz View Post
No worries, thanks for making the app! I'd be interested to know how/why you came to find the 3 second delay to work best.

From half a day's use so far it's been almost been surprising to turn the phone on and not see the lock screen, but I like it! For what it's worth, it's always been exactly where I left it so far...

What does that feature do exactly? And does it drain any extra power having it enabled?
So the 3 seconds delay is a value based on a results of many tests done by myself while trying the app.

And about the position guard, the position guard adds the next verification system next to the proximity sensor by using device accelerometr.

Tags
android, free, guard, pocket, smart