Ask a question

No registration required

Unhappy calendar storage apk

OP kirky144

4th August 2012, 08:20 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Hi, let me state right of the bat that I did a noob mistake. I rooted my At@t galaxy s3 and in my hurry to be rid of all the bloat ware I got click happy and deleted the calender storage process. I havent installed a custom rom so running the stock could someone get me a calendar storage apk if that is at all possible? As a newbie I'm hesitant on having to reload a stock rom all over again. Not to sure how to even do that.

Thanks
4th August 2012, 08:22 PM   |  #2  
Flag Detroit
Thanks Meter: 338

949 posts
More
Angry oh no
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirky144

Hi, let me state right of the bat that I did a noob mistake. I rooted my At@t galaxy s3 and in my hurry to be rid of all the bloat ware I got click happy and deleted the calender storage process. I havent installed a custom rom so running the stock could someone get me a calendar storage apk if that is at all possible? As a newbie I'm hesitant on having to reload a stock rom all over again. Not to sure how to even do that.

Thanks

Nah - just reinstall stock and repeat removal exercise.
4th August 2012, 11:56 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bravomail

Nah - just reinstall stock and repeat removal exercise.

I was hoping i didnt have to flash the stock rom back. hmm I installed clockwork so do I just wipe the current rom and stick another on ?
Gotta find a stock rom i guess
5th August 2012, 01:03 AM   |  #4  
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 348

1,652 posts
Donate to Me
More
Do you mean GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk, SecCalendar_NAmerica.apk, or SecCalendarProvider.apk?
5th August 2012, 02:04 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by miztaken1312

Do you mean GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk, SecCalendar_NAmerica.apk, or SecCalendarProvider.apk?

No, I deleted the system app calendar storage and now of course my calendar will not work. I didnt realize all calendars use this for data. Since I was installing a non stock calendar i deleted it thinking it was just part of the stock calendar.

If someone would be so kind to just give me that as a apk i'd be set and wouldnt have to flash a stock rom and start all over again.

Just not ready to flash a custom rom till i get service activated on the phone with a new carrier.
5th August 2012, 02:13 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 327

2,111 posts
Your post = Carriers argument for locking bootloaders and not supporting root +1
5th August 2012, 02:19 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilehavoc

Your post = Carriers argument for locking bootloaders and not supporting root +1

Yes I wont argue that. I screwed up by not doing a backup first. Easy mistake deleting the calendar storage and not a big impact. But would be nice to fix if anyone could be so kind to help
5th August 2012, 03:18 AM   |  #8  
Flag Baltimore

1,652 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Yes I wont argue that. I screwed up by not doing a backup first. Easy mistake deleting the calendar storage and not a big impact. But would be nice to fix if anyone could be so kind to help

I would love to help but I need the apk name so I can upload it from my phone for you. I'm running stock uclem with only root and selective bloat removed, but its all backed up.

Sent from my GS3
5th August 2012, 03:42 AM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by miztaken1312

I would love to help but I need the apk name so I can upload it from my phone for you. I'm running stock uclem with only root and selective bloat removed, but its all backed up.

Sent from my GS3

Hi Miztaken1312, thanks for the offer to help.
I'm after the calendar storage stock process its a system file not a d/led apk. I think if you used titanium you could just back up this process and I could restore it the same way cant remeber the full name of it but just look for calendar storage

thanks for your help
5th August 2012, 09:29 AM   |  #10  
Flag Baltimore

1,652 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Hi Miztaken1312, thanks for the offer to help.
I'm after the calendar storage stock process its a system file not a d/led apk. I think if you used titanium you could just back up this process and I could restore it the same way cant remeber the full name of it but just look for calendar storage

thanks for your help

Found it in TiBu. The backup for that actually consists of two files, one of which I named for you earlier. It is the "SecCalendarProvider.apk" and the accompanying .odex file. If you're still on stock, you can drop both into /system/app and make sure it has "rw-r-r--" permissions for both.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Calendar Storage.zip - [Click for QR Code] (174.3 KB, 1695 views)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave the Knave For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread