Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,353 Members 40,593 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I am stuck in headphone mode

Tip us?

mast3rsign
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question I am stuck in headphone mode

Hi,

Usually I just check XDA forums, play with my phone around but I never post or start topics, so this is a first cause I am kinda clueless.

I have my HTC one M8 now for like a week, completely love the phone however since yesterday it got stuck in headphone mode.
The following things I tried: Hard reset, Back-up to previous date, Blowing compressed air, carefully cleaning with 95% alcohol while phone was turned off, Inserting regular phones like 7 times while screen was unlocked, currently using soundabout app to divert the problem... Nothing helped.
The only thing I didn't try is actually rooting the phone however I am not sure if ill have any warranty left then.

Any other ideas perhaps?

avivzamir
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mast3rsign View Post
Hi,

Usually I just check XDA forums, play with my phone around but I never post or start topics, so this is a first cause I am kinda clueless.

I have my HTC one M8 now for like a week, completely love the phone however since yesterday it got stuck in headphone mode.
The following things I tried: Hard reset, Back-up to previous date, Blowing compressed air, carefully cleaning with 95% alcohol while phone was turned off, Inserting regular phones like 7 times while screen was unlocked, currently using soundabout app to divert the problem... Nothing helped.
The only thing I didn't try is actually rooting the phone however I am not sure if ill have any warranty left then.

Any other ideas perhaps?
if its an hardware problem i'm not sure there's much u can do, accept trying to clean the headphones jack
if its a software bug maybe try:
-connecting your headphones then turn boomsound on\off then disconnect them.
- hard rest while the headphones are connected then disconnect them.
-before u try a root u can just try a factory rest and u will still have your warranty and if that doesn't work its definitely a hardware issue.

Dantcc
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Hi,

Any other ideas perhaps?
You're not alone, having the same problem and no solution. The most annoying part about it is that I have to use speaker mode to be able to hear/talk during a phone call. Went to the shop and they said they will order another aux jack for me.. not very happy

mast3rsign
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by avivzamir View Post
if its an hardware problem i'm not sure there's much u can do, accept trying to clean the headphones jack
if its a software bug maybe try:
-connecting your headphones then turn boomsound on\off then disconnect them.
- hard rest while the headphones are connected then disconnect them.
-before u try a root u can just try a factory rest and u will still have your warranty and if that doesn't work its definitely a hardware issue.
Tried that, nothing worked, I am going to contact my carrier and will apply for warranty. This is pissing me off

Sbettinger
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Battery Full You're not alone!

Quote:
Tried that, nothing worked, I am going to contact my carrier and will apply for warranty. This is pissing me off
I too find myself stuck in Headphone mode. I don't use headphones and not sure what prompted it. I pulled it out of my pocket after work and found it like that. Restarts and Factory Resets don't do a thing.

When I borrowed a pair of headphones, upon plugging them in my phone starts to dial the last person I called all by itself.

Was hoping to hear how your situation worked out. Verizon said I'm covered by the manufacturing warranty and that HTC will ship me a phone to replace this one. I forgot to ask and am extremely worried I'm going to get a refurbished phone that's already had other issues.

Kinda disappointing on an otherwise awesome phone!

Fat Tone
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbettinger View Post
I too find myself stuck in Headphone mode. I don't use headphones and not sure what prompted it. I pulled it out of my pocket after work and found it like that. Restarts and Factory Resets don't do a thing.

When I borrowed a pair of headphones, upon plugging them in my phone starts to dial the last person I called all by itself.

Was hoping to hear how your situation worked out. Verizon said I'm covered by the manufacturing warranty and that HTC will ship me a phone to replace this one. I forgot to ask and am extremely worried I'm going to get a refurbished phone that's already had other issues.

Kinda disappointing on an otherwise awesome phone!
This is a quick fix for you guys and gals. Download the App SoundAbout. It gives you the option to control where the media,phone call etc sound comes threw. Choose speaker for Media and problem solved. Hope this helps you guys out. This website have helped me out alot and I am just trying to do my part to return the favor.

lordodrag86
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Has anyone figured this out without having to install an App to fix this issue?