Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,675 Members 46,024 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Charging problems and warrantee information

Tip us?

CapeNick
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Charging problems and warrantee information

First off, I'm about to RMA my device to evga because of a charging issue. The tablet, when plugged in to charger, will show that it's charging, but it's not, I've left it over night to find in the morning that it's still showing that it's charging but the battery level has actually dropped. It's still under warranty, so no biggie. Just strange, never heard of this problem before, I've tried different cables and plug adapters, nothing makes a difference. I can get it to charge with a great deal of fussing with the cable, ie unplugging and plugging it back in to both the tablet and the charger.

No big deal, I'll send it in for replacement.

But wait, there's more....

Apparently, if the sticker with the s/n number has peeled off, your warrantee is void. The sticker, on the back of the tablet, in the exact position as your hand would likely be while holding the tablet in portrait. Now I can understand this on a computer component, it sits in your tower and doesn't regularly get handled. My sticker peeled off less then a month after having the tablet, and I had no idea that it had until I tried to rma the tab. You can use the s/n sticker off the box if you tape it to the tab with clear tape, thankfully, but if you don't have your box or the sticker, even though you can view the s/n from the settings, it will be immediately rejected and sent back to you.

So just an fyi, keep your box with the s/n number safe, because that little sticker is eventually going to come off.

BuToNz
Old
Thanks Meter 3
What sticker? Advent ones don't have a sticker?
Tags
charging, nvidia tegra 7, rma, serial number, warranty