Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,615 Members 46,647 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Question about the C-RoM v6.5 ROM I flashed on my GS3

Tip us?

jfowler2014
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Question about the C-RoM v6.5 ROM I flashed on my GS3

First I'd like to thank all of the developers who take the time to develop all the custom ROMS to make our phones fun.
My question I have is I just flashed the C-RoM v6.5 ROM on my Galaxy S3 SGH-T999N. The ROM works great, but I connected my phone to my laptop to use kies3 and it said my phone wasn't compatible with kies3. It was before, so I started looking at the settings and everything looked good except I saw the it wasn't a SGH-T999N anymore but a T999. Is it supposed to be like that when you flash this ROM? Also would that cause the phone to not be compatible with kies3? I really like this ROM and I don't want to go back to the stock ROM. I don't care about it saying T999, but I do want to be able to use kies3. Any and all help is greatly appreciated…
Jeremy

jfowler2014
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Anyone have any idea about this? I just want to be able to backup my stuff on kies, without loosing this ROM...it had a OTA update to v.6.6, which I did. I'm going to check if that fixed the issues with kies, but it still shows the phone as a T999, which doesn't bother me unless it's what's causing the issues with kies. Please any info will be helpful. I'm not a noob at rooting or flashing ROMs, but I'm definitely not a developer.

kunal1540
Old
Thanks Meter 347
Wrong phone and wrong forum.
This is for i9300 only

Press thanx if i helped you in anyway...
The Following User Says Thank You to kunal1540 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

serio22
Old
Thanks Meter 618
I'm pretty sure kies doesn't work with aosp ROMs.. The fact that your model number was changed to t999 is irrelevant in this case

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to serio22 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DocHoliday77
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5183

DONATE TO ME
IMO there are much better alternatives for backing things up, depending on what it is you want backed up exactly. Search the play store for root backup and it should give you some options.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to DocHoliday77 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jfowler2014
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by serio22 View Post
I'm pretty sure kies doesn't work with aosp ROMs.. The fact that your model number was changed to t999 is irrelevant in this case

Thanks for the help. I changed the ROM to resurrection instead. Still can't use kies, but I like this ROM so I figure I just won't use kies.

jfowler2014
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by serio22 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunal1540 View Post
Wrong phone and wrong forum.
This is for i9300 only

Press thanx if i helped you in anyway...
Sorry I thought this was for T-Mobile S3's...I gave you a thanks though.

jfowler2014
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Wink Thanks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday77 View Post
IMO there are much better alternatives for backing things up, depending on what it is you want backed up exactly. Search the play store for root backup and it should give you some options.

Thanks for the suggestion. I changed ROMs and I like this new one enough to where I'm gonna find something the does what kies3 does. Maybe I'll find something better than kies. I'm open to all suggestions...

DocHoliday77
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5183

DONATE TO ME
Titanium Backup is by far the most popular, I use it and love it! There are other similar ones out there but TiB has always been flawless for me. Plus it has some other powerful features that I really like. For my personal data (int/ext sd cards) I use FTP Server by Peter Pareit. It is a small simple tool that lets me copy files wirelessly to my computer. It used to give me root access, but not anymore, so I may start looking for something else in the near future.
If you use cloud backup services, there are also lots of apps for those. I rarely to never use it myself so can't say what's good there.

serio22
Old
Thanks Meter 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfowler2014 View Post
Thanks for the suggestion. I changed ROMs and I like this new one enough to where I'm gonna find something the does what kies3 does. Maybe I'll find something better than kies. I'm open to all suggestions...
What exactly is it that you're trying to back up?