[Q] Software Update Softbrick LG G2 D802

Search This thread

rtswan1211

Jun 3, 2014
I know that there are loads of threads on XDA regarding bricked G2s (and how to fix them), and believe me, I have scoured every one I could find. None of them had the same situation as me. Here it is:

- tried upgrading rooted G2 (d802) to KitKat through PC suite
- on reboot, phone gives repeated "Unfortunately, com.android.systemui has stopped" messages
- this prevents me from doing anything - cannot start developer tools/USB debugging; cannot software factory reset; may as well have a broken screen
- tried booting into recovery - there seems to be no recovery
- I have booted into recovery before the update; I tried using the same method - nothing
- I googled for alternate methods, none of them worked either
- has download mode - what does this enable me to do?
- tried using a 'restore to stock' flashing tutorial on XDA - didn't work
- it is here if anyone was curious
- cannot access through ADB
- TWRP gone
- have no idea how to access through fastboot
Any other options available? Is there any other way to enable USB debugging, trigger fastboot, access the phone through ADB, or factory reset it?

Last edited:

XxZombiePikachu

Jul 25, 2013
Florida
I know that there are loads of threads on XDA regarding bricked G2s (and how to fix them), and believe me, I have scoured every one I could find. None of them had the same situation as me. Here it is:

- on reboot, phone gives repeated "Unfortunately, com.android.systemui has stopped" messages
- this prevents me from doing anything - cannot start developer tools/USB debugging; cannot software factory reset; may as well have a broken screen
- I have booted into recovery before the update; I tried using the same method - nothing
- TWRP gone
Any other options available? Is there any other way to enable USB debugging, trigger fastboot, access the phone through ADB, or factory reset it?

ok well first entering factory reset(or custom recovery)
-before d80220d the key combination to enter factory reset is with phone fully powered off hold volume down+power and when lg logo pops up let go and hold volume down+power
-after d80220d(or any update that includes knock code) the combination was changed(pretty sure it had to do with the fact that on kitkat we used stock recovery to install root and everyone who couldn't get in via adb just had to use button combination which everyone knew) and the new combination with phone fully powered off is to hold volume down+power and when lg logo pops up let go and hold onto volume up+down don't touch power, if you have tried these then you should mention it

rtswan1211

Jun 3, 2014
-before d80220d the key combination to enter factory reset is with phone fully powered off hold volume down+power and when lg logo pops up let go and hold volume down+power
-after d80220d(or any update that includes knock code) the combination was changed(pretty sure it had to do with the fact that on kitkat we used stock recovery to install root and everyone who couldn't get in via adb just had to use button combination which everyone knew) and the new combination with phone fully powered off is to hold volume down+power and when lg logo pops up let go and hold onto volume up+down don't touch power, if you have tried these then you should mention it

You are an absolutely beautiful person. I think I have fallen in love with you. THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH! I swear I found at least 5 different tutorials and none mentioned this.
If your name doesn't go down in history, the world is cruel and unjust.
Sorry. But thanks. SO MUCH.

Reactions: arkha

bakufu

Jun 27, 2010
Im facing the same problem, wanted to go back stock and had CloudFlexy 2.3 installed. Did the firmware flashing, got stuck with procesesses stopping and couldn't boot into factory reset.

Found this thread and got to factory reset, tried factory reset but now my phone only has android figure with spinning thingy inside of it going on in my screen. ADB wont recognize the phone.. I think i need to flash stock rom or something but not sure how to. Please help, how did you proceed rtswan1211 after getting the factory reset screen?

Edit:
After waiting for 'bout 10mins for something to happen i just tried to reboot the phone and still the same spinning android logo came on. Finally plugged in the USB cable and phone booted up with working software. Had me really worried.

Last edited:

mamuiz

Dec 31, 2010
Jakarta
Im facing the same problem, wanted to go back stock and had CloudFlexy 2.3 installed. Did the firmware flashing, got stuck with procesesses stopping and couldn't boot into factory reset.

Found this thread and got to factory reset, tried factory reset but now my phone only has android figure with spinning thingy inside of it going on in my screen. ADB wont recognize the phone.. I think i need to flash stock rom or something but not sure how to. Please help, how did you proceed rtswan1211 after getting the factory reset screen?

Edit:
After waiting for 'bout 10mins for something to happen i just tried to reboot the phone and still the same spinning android logo came on. Finally plugged in the USB cable and phone booted up with working software. Had me really worried.

after tried several times, FACTORY RESET successfully done.
Previously, I updated the 20G through custom recovery and forgot to wipe clean. After completely installed the 20G, error shows blocking the screen and the custom recovery was gone. after several attempted, I succesfully done by:
- turn off the phone completely
- press vol down and power
- release immediately, upon LG logo pop up, and
- press vol up and vol down
- Factory reset menu pop up

Seems now is harder than before, I need couple times to try before succeed

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

- TWRP gone

You are an absolutely beautiful person. I think I have fallen in love with you. THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH! I swear I found at least 5 different tutorials and none mentioned this.
    If your name doesn't go down in history, the world is cruel and unjust.
    Sorry. But thanks. SO MUCH.