[Q] Micro SD 64Gb class 10 changed format to RAW in kit kat

Search This thread

StrellaMarr

Jun 4, 2014
Cbba
hi everyone! I had a problem, I updated to kit kat two months ago, after update it showed a message "SD damaged" but I restarted and then everything was fine till yesterday, first started to lagging when I restarted the phone again I saw the message of SD damaged, when I put the SD on a card adapter the format changed to raw and I cant use it again on my phone, please what can I do? kit kat is the responsible of this problem?I'm afraid to use a new SD and then get damaged once again

jaguaralani

Aug 3, 2007
Perth
jaguaralani-pda.forumms.net
Looks like a microSD card issue to me rather than a kitkat cause.

Try to format the card on your PC and reuse it again for a few days to check before putting your valuable files on it.

Sent from my SM-N9005

StrellaMarr

Jun 4, 2014
Cbba
Looks like a microSD card issue to me rather than a kitkat cause.

Try to format the card on your PC and reuse it again for a few days to check before putting your valuable files on it.

Sent from my SM-N9005

I tried right now but my pc can't format it, it don't let me select the type of format like ntfs or fat32, that part is blank and the formating can't be performed, but thank you for the tip

praed0r

Jun 7, 2011
East Kilbride
I've just recovered a 32Gb MicroSD that wouldn't show at all on my tablets or phones, and showed on my PC as unknown "RAW" format of 33Mb capacity.

I tried every thing to get this card working again and finally came across this website : www.sdcard.org

They have a utility for windows that will ignore the format/capacity of the card reported by windows and repair the card - worked for me first time - is slow though, I chose the complete write option just to be sure the card was properly formatted.

Hope this helps