News : Xda Atom Exec Arabic ROM upgrade (English version)
This System Software Upgrade consolidates all the new and previous enhancements and fixes into a single ROM upgrade image. O2 encourages Arabic Xda Atom Exec users to upgrade their devices to the following system software.
This System Software Upgrade provides software fixes and improvements for MMS, camera, FM radio, SMS applications. The latest additions for the Arabic market consist of Pocket Quran (text only), SmartDialer, Farsi, and a localizer that changes the Windows Mobile interface to Arabic.
You can check the core software versions running on your device by going Start > Settings > System > System Info.
Benefits of upgrade include:
• Adds MMS Error Resilient support to MP4 codec for MMS application.
• Adds AIS WAP setting changes to AutoConfigurator application.
• Adds delete email function to Setup Wizard application.
• Adds 9600bps v.110 CSD dialup support.
• Adds new power save mode for FM Radio application. Pressing the power key will put device into power save mode (CPU in sleep mode) to achieve maximum power saving. In power save mode, user can listen to FM radio but device will not respond to any keypress except the power key. Pressing the center action button on the dPad will switch LCD off but device will still remain in IDLE mode (CPU in normal running state). In IDLE mode, user can use the dPad to control FM radio control functions.
• Adds Digital Right Management level 5 (DRM5) support for DRM-protected eBook content.
• Updates O2 Plus to version 2.1.
• Fixes an SMS bug that occurred when sending a long and concatenated text message. This could cause corruption of some part of the sent message.
• Fixes incorrect GPRS status display in Wireless Manager.
• Fixes playback issues with certain MMS content.
• Fixes hang issue when device is about to go into power save mode while camera is still loading.
• Fixes FDN behaviour which now requires PIN2 to be input when modifying the fixed dial number list.
• Fixes a bug that may cause the phone to malfunction when device is in roaming network and network selection is changed between automatic and manual.
• Adds Pocket Quran (text only) to O2 AutoInstaller.
• Adds SmartDialer to O2 AutoInstaller.
• Adds Farsi to O2 AutoInstaller.
• Adds Localizer (changes the Windows Mobile interface to Arabic) to O2 AutoInstaller.
Requirements before upgrade
Microsoft Windows 2000 or XP with ActiveSync 4.1 or later. Other operating systems are NOT supported and may result in damages to your devices.
PRECAUTIONS 1. Make sure battery power of your device is fully charged.
2. Reset your device and close all running applications prior to upgrade.
3. Restart your PC and close all applications prior to upgrade.
4. Connect directly to the USB port of your PC. Using a USB hub may affect ROM upgrade process.
5. Do not interrupt the ROM upgrade process.
6. Do not use other applications on your PC during the ROM upgrade.