[Q] s3 I747 update ?

OP ghostv7142

4th June 2014, 11:48 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Santa ana
Thanks Meter: 3

104 posts
hi guys new to the galaxy phone and i have been looking into flashing a rom. i have done all the ground work root and custom recovery but now im trying to flash a rom and i get errors. i looked it up to a point where everything i do want to flash requires a 4.4 or 4.3 update and i am stuck in 4.1 is there any solution to this like start from an older rom and work my way up to a current rom. would that work or odin the phone to a current update if possible to find the update. what options do i have ?

not sure if this is the correct thread
5th June 2014, 05:53 AM   |  #2  
Flag stilwell, OK
Thanks Meter: 216

1,112 posts
Donate to Me
More
Well I would just flash via Odin up to 4.3 because most Roms require the 4.3 boot loader so yea

Sent from my ATT Samsung Galaxy SIII using TapaTalk
6th June 2014, 12:28 AM   |  #3  
Toronto
Thanks Meter: 632

2,746 posts
More
I recommend you not update to the 4.3 bootloader as the 4.3 bootloader can cause problems when trying to flash back to stock. Once you're on a 4.3 bootloader, you cannot downgrade to a lower version. Most ROMs seem to work fine with a 4.1.1 or 4.1.2 bootloader.

If you have the att s3 (i747) and not the Bell/Telus/Rogers s3 (i747m), you cannot use Odin to flash a stock 4.3 ROM as it does not exist. You would need to flash a version of 4.3 that has been custom compiled for flashing via Odin.

I would download the latest version of Philz Touch and flash the tar version via Odin. Copy a custom ROM to your SD card, boot to recovery, wipe cache, Dalvik, data, and flash the ROM.

http://goo.im/devs/philz_touch/CWM_A..._Edition/d2lte
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread