Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,959 Members 45,622 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] s3 I747 update ?

Tip us?

ghostv7142
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Question [Q] s3 I747 update ?

hi guys new to the galaxy phone and i have been looking into flashing a rom. i have done all the ground work root and custom recovery but now im trying to flash a rom and i get errors. i looked it up to a point where everything i do want to flash requires a 4.4 or 4.3 update and i am stuck in 4.1 is there any solution to this like start from an older rom and work my way up to a current rom. would that work or odin the phone to a current update if possible to find the update. what options do i have ?

not sure if this is the correct thread
Im back I guess

New Phone"
Samsung Galaxy S3 ATT (unlocked) on metropcs fully functional

Old Phone's:

LG Optimus F6
^
LG Motion 4G Merto Pcs
^
HTC Evo 4G Full Flash
^
Droid Incredible 2 Full Flash
^
Samsung Galaxy Fascinate Full Flash

crazymonkey05
Old
Thanks Meter 197

DONATE TO ME
Well I would just flash via Odin up to 4.3 because most Roms require the 4.3 boot loader so yea

Sent from my ATT Samsung Galaxy SIII using TapaTalk
If i helped hit the thanks button.

Current Device: Samsung Galaxy SIII (SGH-I747)

ROM: Stock Touchwiz Rom

Kernel: Stock 3.0.31-2024954

Previous Devices: Motorola Droid 1, Pantech Crossover, Motorola Droid X, LG Revolution, Sony Ericsson Xperia Play (r800x)

audit13
Old
Thanks Meter 343
I recommend you not update to the 4.3 bootloader as the 4.3 bootloader can cause problems when trying to flash back to stock. Once you're on a 4.3 bootloader, you cannot downgrade to a lower version. Most ROMs seem to work fine with a 4.1.1 or 4.1.2 bootloader.

If you have the att s3 (i747) and not the Bell/Telus/Rogers s3 (i747m), you cannot use Odin to flash a stock 4.3 ROM as it does not exist. You would need to flash a version of 4.3 that has been custom compiled for flashing via Odin.

I would download the latest version of Philz Touch and flash the tar version via Odin. Copy a custom ROM to your SD card, boot to recovery, wipe cache, Dalvik, data, and flash the ROM.

http://goo.im/devs/philz_touch/CWM_A..._Edition/d2lte