FTC Says Unlimited Data with Throttling Is Not Unlimited

Unlimited data with throttling will no longer count as unlimited. The Federal Trade … more

Scan With Your Camera Using SimplyScan

If you often need to scan documents using your phone’s camera, make sure to check out … more

Hike Messenger Introduces Free VoIP Service

Hike is one of the few instant messengers that broke free from the pack andacquired a massiveuser … more

One Quarter of All Android Users Have Dual-SIM phones

Ever since the dual-SIM phone wasannounced, such devices became quite popular in many … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Custom kernel on stock firmware 4.3

OP sygys

5th June 2014, 10:20 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
67 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Hi there,

Im pretty new to rooting, and just rooted my note 2 N7100 EU version.

I have a Qi charging pad and read allot about Sammy limiting it to 460 mAh.

What i would like to do is keeping the standard samsung firmware 4.3 but with a kernel that only enables the 1000 mAh charging rate over wireless charging. Is this possible?

i read allot of posts with custom roms with pages of changelogs and bug fixes but what i dont want is stuff to stop working after i flash a custom kernel.

Is there a way to enable 1000 mAh wireless charging without skrewing the rest of the firmware?
5th June 2014, 04:49 PM   |  #2  
bunglebp's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Nessie Country
Thanks Meter: 78
 
634 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sygys

Hi there,

Im pretty new to rooting, and just rooted my note 2 N7100 EU version.

I have a Qi charging pad and read allot about Sammy limiting it to 460 mAh.

What i would like to do is keeping the standard samsung firmware 4.3 but with a kernel that only enables the 1000 mAh charging rate over wireless charging. Is this possible?

i read allot of posts with custom roms with pages of changelogs and bug fixes but what i dont want is stuff to stop working after i flash a custom kernel.

Is there a way to enable 1000 mAh wireless charging without skrewing the rest of the firmware?

Take a Look at Agni Kernel - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2311094 has alot of options
5th June 2014, 07:42 PM   |  #3  
Junior Member
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 1
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunglebp

Take a Look at Agni Kernel - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2311094 has alot of options

Yes try agni kernel ,u can set the charging current
6th June 2014, 01:14 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
67 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukix

Yes try agni kernel ,u can set the charging current

sorry for the noob questions, but is there a page where i can download the stock samsung rom and stock kernel to unroot my device just in case?

I mean i can press unroot on the super SU app but im running a custom kernel... wont this brick my Phone?
6th June 2014, 05:40 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
67 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
So i installed the kernel got to the settings. But i see only usb and ac charge levels. Where is the wireless charging option? Or is it the same as the usb charge?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes