Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,848 Members 37,580 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Custom kernel on stock firmware 4.3

Tip us?

sygys
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Custom kernel on stock firmware 4.3

Hi there,

Im pretty new to rooting, and just rooted my note 2 N7100 EU version.

I have a Qi charging pad and read allot about Sammy limiting it to 460 mAh.

What i would like to do is keeping the standard samsung firmware 4.3 but with a kernel that only enables the 1000 mAh charging rate over wireless charging. Is this possible?

i read allot of posts with custom roms with pages of changelogs and bug fixes but what i dont want is stuff to stop working after i flash a custom kernel.

Is there a way to enable 1000 mAh wireless charging without skrewing the rest of the firmware?

bunglebp
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by sygys View Post
Hi there,

Im pretty new to rooting, and just rooted my note 2 N7100 EU version.

I have a Qi charging pad and read allot about Sammy limiting it to 460 mAh.

What i would like to do is keeping the standard samsung firmware 4.3 but with a kernel that only enables the 1000 mAh charging rate over wireless charging. Is this possible?

i read allot of posts with custom roms with pages of changelogs and bug fixes but what i dont want is stuff to stop working after i flash a custom kernel.

Is there a way to enable 1000 mAh wireless charging without skrewing the rest of the firmware?
Take a Look at Agni Kernel - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2311094 has alot of options

DN3 ROM | Bunglebp Custom Theme | Custom Pull down Menu

Previously Sungsonic ROM with Redpill Kernel and O/C 1.8ghz but now Upgraded
Previous Phone Galaxy S3

sukix
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunglebp View Post
Take a Look at Agni Kernel - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2311094 has alot of options
Yes try agni kernel ,u can set the charging current

sygys
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukix View Post
Yes try agni kernel ,u can set the charging current
sorry for the noob questions, but is there a page where i can download the stock samsung rom and stock kernel to unroot my device just in case?

I mean i can press unroot on the super SU app but im running a custom kernel... wont this brick my Phone?

sygys
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
So i installed the kernel got to the settings. But i see only usb and ac charge levels. Where is the wireless charging option? Or is it the same as the usb charge?