Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,510 Members 55,276 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Verizon G2 with AT&T Sim card help!

Tip us?

mluciotti
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default [Q] Verizon G2 with AT&T Sim card help!

Hey all. Sooo I recently obtained an unlocked verizon G2 and am using my ATT sim card in it. I absolutely hate it, primarily because I miss my 4G LTE. So I am supposed to be trading for an S4 tomorrow and just wanted to clarify something:

The guy that gave me the phone said to not factory reset it or it will need a Verizon sim card to boot up. Is this true? This is my first experience with an unlocked phone.

If it is true, is there an alternate way I can erase all my content before trading this phone away that doesn't involve a factory reset?

Thanks!

XxZombiePikachu
Old
Thanks Meter 1074
Quote:
Originally Posted by mluciotti View Post
Hey all. Sooo I recently obtained an unlocked verizon G2 and am using my ATT sim card in it. I absolutely hate it, primarily because I miss my 4G LTE. So I am supposed to be trading for an S4 tomorrow and just wanted to clarify something:

The guy that gave me the phone said to not factory reset it or it will need a Verizon sim card to boot up. Is this true? This is my first experience with an unlocked phone.

If it is true, is there an alternate way I can erase all my content before trading this phone away that doesn't involve a factory reset?

Thanks!
yes that is true but you can still factory reset and use this guide to bypass the dumb Verizon sim activation
The Following User Says Thank You to XxZombiePikachu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]