Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,852 Members 40,153 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

My p600 won't root!

Tip us?

Gadjet63
Old
(Last edited by Gadjet63; 28th April 2014 at 05:14 PM.) Reason: bad typing
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default My p600 won't root!

Hi,

I have downloaded odin 3.09 on my laptop with Windows 8. Also the two files I need to use whilst rooting. Then ticked usb debugging box. Got tablet to odin mode and plugged into laptop. When I press start to root nothing happens. The com port sign is blue, I have kies 3 installed with usb drivers.
Totally lost now, I followed the instructions of what to do but my tablet won't root. I am in the uk and was hoping to root my note to the upgrade to kit kat instead of waiting ages for samsung to do it.

Has anyone got any ideas to please help me get my note rooted. Is there something different using windows 8. I have inserted usb drivers that was on the instruction page as well.??

Morqua
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadjet63 View Post
Hi,

I have downloaded odin 3.09 on my laptop with Windows 8. Also the two files I need to use whilst rooting. Then ticked usb debugging box. Got tablet to odin mode and plugged into laptop. When I press start to root nothing happens. The com port sign is blue, I have kies 3 installed with usb drivers.
Totally lost now, I followed the instructions of what to do but my tablet won't root. I am in the uk and was hoping to root my note to the upgrade to kit kat instead of waiting ages for samsung to do it.

Can so done please help me get my note rooted. Is there something different using windows 8. I have inserted usb drivers that was on the instruction page as well.??
I tried to root mine as well. Started Odin and seems all went well, but after reboot, "Rootchecker" still says that the device isn't rooted. I'm lost here as well. I hope someone with more experience can help. Thanks in advance.

INGHUGO
Old
(Last edited by INGHUGO; 5th June 2014 at 08:06 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Default root solution

hello i use to have the same problem,im runing 4.4.2 kk here is the solution pd,im not the the one who did this

here is the original thread : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2719750

Root Download Links:

TWRP: http://goo.im/devs/OpenRecovery/lt03wifiue

Super SU Zip: http://download.chainfire.eu/396/Sup...erSU-v1.94.zip

After cf root:

1) Download TWRP 2.6.3.3 img.tar file and DONT unzip

2) Put tablet into Download mode and connect to Odin (You should already have Odin).

3) Un-tick the auto reboot option only and press the AP button and select the TWRP you downloaded and flash.

4) Once successful, power off tablet and reboot into recovery manually and flash Super SU zip.

5) Reboot...........

To flash new update:

What you need:
• Correct Drivers installed
• Odin: http://android.sc/download-odin-3-09/
• A good, solid USB cable

Thanks to @scrosler for the following guide:

1. Download Odin from the links
2. Extract the the .md5 file from the zip file you downloaded above.
3. Boot tablet into "Download" mode. You can do this by holding Power and Volume - (down) when the device is shut off. I note on this device it can be a little trickier so you may have to try a couple times. You should now see this on your tablet
4. Connect Tablet to PC using known good USB Cable
5. Start Odin and Press the "AP" button to load the tar.md5 file. This may take a while as it is also calculating the MD5 to ensure you have a good file. A bad file means bad issues and it wont let you flash it (good fail safe).
6. Once Odin sees the Tar and loads it completely AND Odin sees the tablet press the Start button to begin. Can takes about 5 to 10 minutes so be patient. Do NOT check or uncheck mark ANY other Options in Odin unless you know what you are doing!
7. Once it complete you will have a factory image on your tablet. Yay!
8. But we are not done. You may also want to, at this point, reboot to recovery and do a full data wipe. This method of Odin leaves the SD card and user data intact. To get into recovery hold Power and Volume + until you see the stock Android recovery. Select format Data, reboot. Boom, your tablet is like brand new!

perkata
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Can anyone direct me to a site where I can download the correct usb driver?

I have an SM-P600 running 4.3 and I’m working with my wife’s Windows 7.0 tablet. Odin 3.09 is installed but I haven’t been able to find the correct drivers.