Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,086 Members 53,996 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Flashed wrong Kernel(Stock ROM) stuck on BOOTLOOP

Tip us?
 
twingle
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 52
Join Date: Jul 2012
Question [Q] Flashed wrong Kernel(Stock ROM) stuck on BOOTLOOP

Hello, a problem here, just wanted to try a kernel on my Ace, didnt want to experiment a lot or something, I have stock ROM, but a bad kernel, and now my Ace is stuck on bootloop, cant use it anymore. Is there a stock kernel? I just want to use my phone again
S-OFF by Juopnutbear method
Unlocked by htcdev method
Root'ed
Rom-GangnamStyle (Android 4.1.2)
 
mahithm
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 328
Posts: 922
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingle View Post
Hello, a problem here, just wanted to try a kernel on my Ace, didnt want to experiment a lot or something, I have stock ROM, but a bad kernel, and now my Ace is stuck on bootloop, cant use it anymore. Is there a stock kernel? I just want to use my phone again
Can you enter Recovery Mode and/or Download Mode?
HIT THE THANKS BUTTON IF I HELPED YOU
 
twingle
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 52
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahithm View Post
Can you enter Recovery Mode and/or Download Mode?
Yes I Can enter recovery mode. I think I installed a kernel which is not made for my phone and I bricked my phone?
S-OFF by Juopnutbear method
Unlocked by htcdev method
Root'ed
Rom-GangnamStyle (Android 4.1.2)
 
NightRaven49
Old
#4  
NightRaven49's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 130
Posts: 429
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: most likely in school
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingle View Post
Yes I Can enter recovery mode. I think I installed a kernel which is not made for my phone and I bricked my phone?
1) Are you sure it is for GT-S5830i? But first, are you sure that your device is an Ace-i?
2) Which kernel is it? You need to know whether it is for stock-based ROMs or for CM7.2 ROMs.
3) Download mode is more important. Can you access it with volume down + home + power?
I am currently away to study for exams, so please do not PM me for anything.

<3 Aerith
 
mahithm
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 328
Posts: 922
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingle View Post
Yes I Can enter recovery mode. I think I installed a kernel which is not made for my phone and I bricked my phone?
Since you can enter the Recovery Mode, just flash any custom rom. Make sure to do Wipe data/ factory reset, Wipe cache partitions, Mounts & Storage> Format /system and Advanced> Wipe dalvik cache from CWM before you flash a rom. That should solve it. If that doesn't work, then flash the stock rom back using odin from the Download Mode. Do post the result. Hope I Helped
HIT THE THANKS BUTTON IF I HELPED YOU
 
amolgosavi
Old
#6  
amolgosavi's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 139
Posts: 620
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: *MUMBAI*
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingle View Post
Hello, a problem here, just wanted to try a kernel on my Ace, didnt want to experiment a lot or something, I have stock ROM, but a bad kernel, and now my Ace is stuck on bootloop, cant use it anymore. Is there a stock kernel? I just want to use my phone again
If your device is s5830i then flash rafael kernel then flash any stock based custom rom.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2
 
SirJackington
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: May 2012
Exclamation Bootloop S5389i

Hi there, i recently tried to install a custom rom on my ace s5839i but got stuck on the 'Galaxy Ace GT-S5389i' splash screen. I then managed to get it into download mode and install the stock ROM using odin. the process completes on the computer but on the phone it says 'failed to mount /data' and gets stuck in a new bootloop now between the 'SAMSUNG' and Vodafone logo. is there anything i can do about this? thanks in advance
 
amolgosavi
Old
#8  
amolgosavi's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 139
Posts: 620
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: *MUMBAI*
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirJackington View Post
Hi there, i recently tried to install a custom rom on my ace s5839i but got stuck on the 'Galaxy Ace GT-S5389i' splash screen. I then managed to get it into download mode and install the stock ROM using odin. the process completes on the computer but on the phone it says 'failed to mount /data' and gets stuck in a new bootloop now between the 'SAMSUNG' and Vodafone logo. is there anything i can do about this? thanks in advance
Clear data and cache in recovery mod

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

The Following User Says Thank You to amolgosavi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Blur Your System Notification Panel – XDA Developer TV

Listen, we love innovative applications and modules that … more

Android 4.4.3 Begins Rolling Out to European HTC One M8

Shortly after the USA Unlocked and Developer Editions of the HTC One M8 received the … more

Modernize Your Emails with Email Popup

SMS andHangouts messages likely won’t ever replace traditional Emails for more formal … more

Change Your Toast Notification Style with XToast

Android uses multipletypes of notifications. One of these isknown as a toast notification. … more