Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,606 Members 47,667 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Root App Delete Problem

Tip us?

dw_22801
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Root App Delete Problem

Soooo, I rooted, and installed Root App Delete to remove some factory apps, and removed a few. I am now wondering if I deleted something I shouldn't have, because I am now getting a message when I try uninstalling other apps. Noob move, if that is what happened. I thought I was careful in what I was removing. I have attached a screenshot of the message. Help please!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-06-07-12-21-38.png
Views:	25
Size:	120.4 KB
ID:	2785819  

jdsingle76
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2777
Quote:
Originally Posted by dw_22801 View Post
Soooo, I rooted, and installed Root App Delete to remove some factory apps, and removed a few. I am now wondering if I deleted something I shouldn't have, because I am now getting a message when I try uninstalling other apps. Noob move, if that is what happened. I thought I was careful in what I was removing. I have attached a screenshot of the message. Help please!
Just restore a backup(assuming you made one before messing around with system apps, if not, noob move 2, lol). Or worst case scenario, do a factory reset and start fresh, and Google what you want to delete and other safe apps to remove before going so good luck

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to jdsingle76 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dw_22801
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsingle76 View Post
Just restore a backup(assuming you made one before messing around with system apps, if not, noob move 2, lol). Or worst case scenario, do a factory reset and start fresh, and Google what you want to delete and other safe apps to remove before going so good luck

True, true.

Will it stay rooted after the reset? Thanks for your help!

jdsingle76
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2777
Quote:
Originally Posted by dw_22801 View Post
True, true.

Will it stay rooted after the reset? Thanks for your help!
No, you will be back to the settings you had when you walked out of the store

Edit: Sort of...It won't reset whatever modem you have, nor the boot loader. You can always flash the stock tar as well.

The Following User Says Thank You to jdsingle76 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]