Ask a question

No registration required

JMT update broke my gps

OP deepclover

7th June 2014, 12:14 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I'm fairly noob, using one of the JMT roms. A couple weeks ago a JMT update downloaded from the Play Store. Ever since my GPS cannot be turned on. When I try I get "System UI has crashed". This happens when using the menu bar button, or going directly into settings. I've tried reselecting North America under the GPS fix option, but it has not helped.

Any ideas?
8th June 2014, 05:59 AM   |  #2  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag The boonies - southwest Ontario
Thanks Meter: 4,677

12,440 posts
More
A JMT update from play store? I doubt that. You're mistaken something else for it. Roms don't get updates from the play store.
9th June 2014, 01:22 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ

A JMT update from play store? I doubt that. You're mistaken something else for it. Roms don't get updates from the play store.

Maybe not the whole ROM itself, could have been a kernel update. Or maybe a tools update. I don't know how to find a log that could tell me.
9th June 2014, 03:28 AM   |  #4  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag The boonies - southwest Ontario
Thanks Meter: 4,677

12,440 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclover

Maybe not the whole ROM itself, could have been a kernel update. Or maybe a tools update. I don't know how to find a log that could tell me.

Nothing Jedi mind trick related would update from the play store. And the ROM itself hasn't been updated in months. Or kernel.

Not trying to give you the gears....just need to know what actually happened in order to offer any help.

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

I'd suggest flashing a more up to date ROM anyway. Check out @Rushing 's ROMs. If you like touch wiz. 👍
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread