Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

help for anyone getting 'out of service area' error

OP newbreedsoftware69

17th June 2014, 10:33 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Carson City
Thanks Meter: 2

8 posts
More
so I have noticed SEVERAL threads about the 'out of service area' error people have been getting and I haven't seen any resolution, and I recently experienced it myself. After 2 days of tinkering, I found the reason and resolution. After updating to 4.4.2 via LG FlashTool (I was rooted and even after full unroot and master reset AT&T still wouldn't let me OTA) I was only getting 4G and not LTE like in 4.1.2. So I fixed that in the hidden service menu 3845#*980# and forced LTE. Everything was working great until I got the dreaded out of service area error. Not thinking about what I did 2 days ago, I called AT&T thinking it was a network error. I replaced the sim and was about to do a warranty exchange when it dawned on me that I had forced the LTE. After switching back to Automatic, everything was back to normal except I'm only getting 4G. So for anyone having this error, I have attached some screenshots of how I fixed it and hopefully it will help you too! NOTE: If you have a variant of the AT&T version, eg: 988, make sure you enter 3845#*988# in the dial pad or it won't come up!

EDIT: I have also noticed a great increase in battery life as well!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	step1.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	2803002   Click image for larger version

Name:	step2.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	2803003   Click image for larger version

Name:	step3.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	2803004   Click image for larger version

Name:	finalstep.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	15.3 KB
ID:	2803006  
Last edited by newbreedsoftware69; 18th June 2014 at 03:26 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread