Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,914 Members 49,587 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help Rooting P605 (VZW)

Tip us?

WorldOfJohnboy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 47

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] Help Rooting P605 (VZW)

Just purchased and received Note 10.1 2014 edition.

Model # SM-P605V
Andriod Version 4.3
Baseband Version P605VVRUANB1
Build number JSS15J.P605VVRUANB1
Hardware Version P605V.02

Would love to Root (if possible). Having a difficult time finding instructions and a working method though. I think the Chainfire method was for older OS versions. I did try the CF method and all I get is Error messages in ODIN and on the Tablet itself. (ODIN shows: <ID:0/008> FAIL! (Auth) and the Tablet shows: secure magiccode check fail : recovery )

Is there a method out there yet for P605 with 4.3?

Please note that I have searched these forums high and low and still haven't seen a valid method to get my Note Rooted!

WorldOfJohnboy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 47

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldOfJohnboy View Post
Just purchased and received Note 10.1 2014 edition.

Model # SM-P605V
Andriod Version 4.3
Baseband Version P605VVRUANB1
Build number JSS15J.P605VVRUANB1
Hardware Version P605V.02

Would love to Root (if possible). Having a difficult time finding instructions and a working method though. I think the Chainfire method was for older OS versions. I did try the CF method and all I get is Error messages in ODIN and on the Tablet itself. (ODIN shows: <ID:0/008> FAIL! (Auth) and the Tablet shows: secure magiccode check fail : recovery )

Is there a method out there yet for P605 with 4.3?

Please note that I have searched these forums high and low and still haven't seen a valid method to get my Note Rooted!
BTW, the CF AutoRoot I tried is located here: http://download.chainfire.eu/380/CF-...exx-smp605.zip

NexVision
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Try this it worked on p607

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...0&postcount=12
All ROM's and OEM's can be located here

Remember to give thanks to those owed.......

no2chem - GGuruUSA - naigaman - Colonel - Tiermann - ImCoKeMan - helmi - dcd - luv2chill

WorldOfJohnboy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 47

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by NexVision View Post
Thanks, but I'm a bit worried about bricking... would rather have/see a "How To" specific to the P605V.

WorldOfJohnboy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 47

DONATE TO ME
Sooo... nothing? My tablet is now asking to do an OTA and I don't want to do it if there is still a working method for my current firmware.

AkiraBBQ
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Thanks, but I'm a bit worried about bricking... would rather have/see a "How To" specific to the P605V.
As long as you don't touch the bootloader, you're safe from bricking your tablet. You can always flash back the stock rom with Odin in auto download mode. Try to install TWRP recovery first, once it's working just flash supersu and your tablet is rooted.

WorldOfJohnboy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 47

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkiraBBQ View Post
As long as you don't touch the bootloader, you're safe from bricking your tablet. You can always flash back the stock rom with Odin in auto download mode. Try to install TWRP recovery first, once it's working just flash supersu and your tablet is rooted.

OK, a couple of dumb questions:
1) To flash recovery, would I download the Zip file, go into Download Mode and use ODIN to flash?
2) If something did go awry, would I need to Download the firmware from SamMobile site, could I just use Kies, and finally, would it factory reset my tablet?

Just want to make sure I do it right and that I know the consequences if it goes bad. Thanks in advance.

KwestJones
Old
Thanks Meter 22

DONATE TO ME
1. Yes
2. It would (will) just fail. No need to do anything. Just reset. No it didn't reset your tablet.

Our bootloader is locked. I tried and failed. But give it a shot... it was an older version of Odin

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
->MotoQ (Verizon) --> HTC Kaiser (AT&T) ---> iPhone 3GS 32G (Jailbroken) ---> Tmo HD2 ---> Sprint Hero ----> EVO ---> EVO 3D ---> --> Galaxy Nexus --> Motorola Xoom

>>>> Sprint Galaxy Note 3 - rooted
>>>> Verizon Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014) - rooted, Knox untripped: www.towelroot.com (thanks geohot... You are the man)

WorldOfJohnboy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 47

DONATE TO ME
OK, so I see a few posts HERE that people are able to root using De La Vega. I think I may give it a whirl tomorrow and report my status after all is done. (Side note: Seems crazy to me that no one has created a DLV firmware package for the P605 and posted it so others can just flash via ODIN and finish the rest of the process.

buhohitr
Old
Thanks Meter 1487
Quote:
OK, so I see a few posts HERE that people are able to root using De La Vega. I think I may give it a whirl tomorrow and report my status after all is done. (Side note: Seems crazy to me that no one has created a DLV firmware package for the P605 and posted it so others can just flash via ODIN and finish the rest of the process.
Just wondering if you rooted your device? If not you could use Towelroot and it should works on 4.4 kk also without tripping Knox counter, good luck!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

The Following User Says Thank You to buhohitr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]