So here we present the Ultimate guide for the media tek device owners on how to root and install Clock Work Mod Recovery for their phones.
Just use any one of the exploit, Try the available exploit......IT will not ruin your Phone
After rebooting if you see the SUPER SU APP in your app drawer, you have successfully ROOTED your Phone.
1)Open the app
2)Press backup IMEI
3)Connect your phone with USB cable and go to your pc
4)Open your sd card through windows explorer or whatever you use
5)Seek the folder /sdcard/5irom/imeibackup/
6)Copy the imeibackup folder to your pc to a folder that you will not by accident format ^_^
7)You are ok...now you can make whatever you like...
To restore your IMEI
1)Take your imeibackup folder from your pc
2)Paste it on your sd card on folder /sdcard/5irom/imeibackup/
3)Open the 5iromtoolbox
4)Press Restore IMEI and restart your phone!!
INSTALLING CUSTOM RECOVERY[IN THIS TUT CLOCK WORK MOD]
First of all download Pdanet+
1) Enable USB Debugging in Settings -> Developer Options (If you dont have Developer Options in your settings tap 7 times the build number inside about phone, Then you will get the Developer Option)
2) Connect your Phone with a Data cable and run the Pdanet setup >> choose others and continue all the way
IF SETUP FAILS
1) Do it another time with other usb options available in your phone like changing to MTP, Camera(PTP), or by turning on the USB Storage, Do it several times it should install the Drivers
IF SETUP SUCCEEDS
1) Untick the ticked check-box and click finish.
Download MTK Droid Root & Tools developed by rua1(Senior Member at XDA)
1) Connect your phone to computer.
2) Run the tool
3) Press Root.... Wait for few Secs
4) Go to Root, backup & Recovery
5) Select "To use boot from phone". and select Recovery and Boot
6) If asked for any permission select yes.
And at last the device will reboot into recovery if you were inside the recovery, you have successfully done your job
This is an expanded version of rua1 review in his site......