Unhappy

[Q] HTC Evo 3D Bootloop

16th May 2014, 02:16 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

93 posts
Okay, I got my Evo 3D with 4.0.4 ICS and HBOOT 1.58.....I Downgraded the HBOOT to 1.40 and have S-OFF....Now i'm in a bootloop....I can't get to the OS and when I try to install a Recovery (it has 4EXT on it but I want TWRP so I can install a different ROM....I CURRENTLY have Negalite BluRom but it bootloops at the 3D splash screen)....I can't do the Fastboot Flash UnlockToken b/c it errors out, I can't flash Recovery b/c it says FAIL....
16th May 2014, 07:13 PM   |  #2  
Flag Thessaloniki
Thanks Meter: 44

256 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvdxploitr

Okay, I got my Evo 3D with 4.0.4 ICS and HBOOT 1.58.....I Downgraded the HBOOT to 1.40 and have S-OFF....Now i'm in a bootloop....I can't get to the OS and when I try to install a Recovery (it has 4EXT on it but I want TWRP so I can install a different ROM....I CURRENTLY have Negalite BluRom but it bootloops at the 3D splash screen)....I can't do the Fastboot Flash UnlockToken b/c it errors out, I can't flash Recovery b/c it says FAIL....

Can you flash boot.img from fastboot? If you can flash the boot.img from Negalite zip. Can you enter 4ext recovery? Try reinstalling the drivers.
The Following User Says Thank You to mhnx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th May 2014, 08:34 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

93 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhnx

Can you flash boot.img from fastboot? If you can flash the boot.img from Negalite zip. Can you enter 4ext recovery? Try reinstalling the drivers.

I have no clue how I got it to work....I just kept playing around with stuff in Recovery....wiped cache a few times, wiped Dalvik Cache and rebooted....even then it kept bootlooping, i did it again...even re-installed the ROM, wiped Cache, etc....it FINALLY worked.....pretty much EVERY ROM i have tried so far works.....trying to find one "just right"....thats the joys of Android though
19th May 2014, 11:47 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

19 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvdxploitr

I have no clue how I got it to work....I just kept playing around with stuff in Recovery....wiped cache a few times, wiped Dalvik Cache and rebooted....even then it kept bootlooping, i did it again...even re-installed the ROM, wiped Cache, etc....it FINALLY worked.....pretty much EVERY ROM i have tried so far works.....trying to find one "just right"....thats the joys of Android though

Which rom were you using?
21st May 2014, 02:32 AM   |  #5  
OP Member

93 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakeeza

Which rom were you using?

I believe it was Negalite BluRom that was causing the issue....but its not happened since then.......its the one with the HTC Evo 3D boot screen in 3D
27th May 2014, 01:11 PM   |  #6  

2 posts
Exclamation stucked perhaps at bootloop
hi,
i am new to rooting but i tried and succeed and now i really want to try yas4 rom, and i also downloaded and

installed successfully but after rebooting my device, it sucked at htc logo, i tried different kernel (mirage

& howpathetic) via aroma modifications but no use, perhaps device is having bootloop.

my device details are

htc evo 3d x515m, GSM, fingerprint asia/india
shooter_u, hboot 1.53.0007, radio 11.25.3504.06_M, OpenDSP-v02.6.0.2226.00.0202, unlocked & rooted but s-on
(as this rom is s-on compatible, so i didn't try of s-off it)

if anybody knows, how to install this rom, kindly help.

thanks in advance.
28th May 2014, 01:17 AM   |  #7  
Flag Thessaloniki

256 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aamy0109

hi,
i am new to rooting but i tried and succeed and now i really want to try yas4 rom, and i also downloaded and

installed successfully but after rebooting my device, it sucked at htc logo, i tried different kernel (mirage

& howpathetic) via aroma modifications but no use, perhaps device is having bootloop.

my device details are

htc evo 3d x515m, GSM, fingerprint asia/india
shooter_u, hboot 1.53.0007, radio 11.25.3504.06_M, OpenDSP-v02.6.0.2226.00.0202, unlocked & rooted but s-on
(as this rom is s-on compatible, so i didn't try of s-off it)

if anybody knows, how to install this rom, kindly help.

thanks in advance.

What recovery are you using? Download this and flash it from fastboot. Enable 4ext smartflash and reflash the rom. If it doesn't boot again extract the rom and flash the boot.img from fastboot. If you have any question quote me to get notified.

Sent from my Evo 3D.
The Following User Says Thank You to mhnx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th May 2014, 09:54 AM   |  #8  

2 posts
Smile it works.
a big thanks bro, it worked. I earlier used clockworkmod recovery but as you suggested when i used 4ext recovery with smartflash enabled, it worked in first try, thanks a lot.
The Following User Says Thank You to aamy0109 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd June 2014, 08:15 PM   |  #9  

11 posts
More
Hi, I have a HTC EVO 3D, HBOOT- 1.53.007 that's stuck on bootloop after I tried to install PACMAN. I didn't get the S-OFF...don't know if this could have contributed to that.
2nd June 2014, 11:21 PM   |  #10  
Flag Thessaloniki

256 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaara22

Hi, I have a HTC EVO 3D, HBOOT- 1.53.007 that's stuck on bootloop after I tried to install PACMAN. I didn't get the S-OFF...don't know if this could have contributed to that.

Install a stock 4.0.3 (sense/aosp themed etc) with smartflash on at 4ext recovery and your phone will boot normal.

Sent from my Evo 3D.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread